The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banned From The FTO Forum

terribleturner

Not happy at all. As many of you know i was rather badly ill leading up to the Bovingdon event and several times thought that i wouldn't attend. Well what some of you don't know is i took a bad turn and on the safe side visited A+E. Over the top yes but i was a little worried and thought i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Well Sabrina was gonna go on an FTO Thorpe Park day but didn't as she came with me to Wexham Park hospital and we didn't get home till late.

So the other day she gets a snotty pm from the organiser saying he had paid for the ticket and now she owes him the money. Now he didn't say he had bought it and there was no confirmation that she was 100% going. Not a big deal, not a nice man but she'll pay. At the same time he wrote a thread damning her in their shamed section.

So that all kicked off and the mod who organised it all quit :dummy:, he attacked both Sabrina and i with posts and PM's and they deleted the original meet post. Then wouldn't let her post, eventually telling her that if she didn't mention it again she'd be alowed back. WTF??? So as long as she dosen't rock the boat and moan because a mod f****d up she can stay?? Is it me or is that out of order.

I posted this (sorry Ian, thought it may have been you in the heat), and i thought i'd been banned, but as you see i've run out of credit :(

Am i being over the top or does anyone else smell something rotten in Denmark??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:read: "Tragedy" - ABBA.

PMSL :clap:

Yep sounds like a complete arrogant 'pr!ck'to me...shall we bombard their site with abuse...lets goto war he he!

Thats the problem with some of these forums..not that i really have tried any others apart from a Land Rover one..but anyone can start their own forum..and they could be Hitler..We have been fairly lucky on this site..its a shame Rosie is standing down...just hope we get a good person whos as good as her to carry the BBS on..

Si

:cry:

Which Pistonheads thead is reffered to?

Several in the JapChat forum, we had a mini get togeather at Surrey Rolling Road, myself and TT went. Matty's FTO was the car everyone talked about though, the noise it made was amazing.

Just read the entire thread, what a spiteful bunch. I can't believe this bloke stumped up the cash!!! At £50 per head it wasn't like the dude got a discount, why weren't the FTO forum paying on the gate? IMOC is going the same way with spiteful cretins overpowering the boards.

Do you think? Can't say I've really noticed a huge change on there :shrug:

I've lurked on Imoc for yonks, the changeover at christmas to the new format made things better for a while, but it's getting back to the bad old days of kids with n/a's and mk1's with a big ass chip on their shoulders and an axe to grind.

I've lurked on Imoc for yonks, the changeover at christmas to the new format made things better for a while, but it's getting back to the bad old days of kids with n/a's and mk1's with a big ass chip on their shoulders and an axe to grind.

I've been on IMOC since it was a handful of people on a mailing list hosted by Oxford Uni - these phases come and go but I agree the membership is definately getting a bit more 'youthful' for want of a better word. The MK1 owners will always have that chip though, it helps cover up the rusty arches :)

Still it's a happy medium between the MR2OC and the MR2DC

I had an FTO a few years ago, so naturally Matt joined the FTO club. We didn't like them at all, we just found them to be unhelpful and a bit aloof really. I went to an FTO meet in Bluewater, nobody else turned up and I sat there all on my own :cry: Next day on the board quite a few said they went but couldn't find a meet, and didn't see me (obviously hard to miss in a bright yellow FTO!).

Chantelle

Hello everyone

There are a couple of really decent blokes on the FTO forum, they have been PM'ing me regularly over the past couple of days offering support and telling me to keep my chin up.

Just for the record, I'm not suggesting that I am not completely innocent in the situation, but two things have completely shocked me over the past few days. Namely posting comments initially in a public forum shaming people without first finding out why, and secondly when the mods started posting comments [publicly] in a locked thread and deleting my posts before anyone could see them. Thus the only way I could make a point was by modifying existing posts. [which didn't help]

Anyway all posts have now been deleted and everyone continues about their normal tasks.....................until the next time someone pi$$'$ them off once again.

So now I want a supra even more...................