The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about a Turbo Kit

Guest Remus1997

Guest Remus1997

Thanks for the help and tips, I forgot to make clear that i wasn't planning to buy the Supra right now or even have it as my first car, I just want know how much I can expect to pay for a Supra with that kind of specs so i can save up the cash for it and its impossible for me to have such an amount in a short time, I'm sure it's going to take at least 3-5 years if not longer. I'm not a total car noob or something, I know cars and how they work. But I don't know that many about the 2JZ-GTE so thats why I'm asking for tips and prices. :)

Guest Remus1997

I guess a precision 6766 would be better for me, anyone know what rpm it kicks in? And is 2 step really that bad for the turbo? I'm not really interested in 2 step but I just wanted to know a little bit more about it:D

I guess a precision 6766 would be better for me, anyone know what rpm it kicks in? And is 2 step really that bad for the turbo? I'm not really interested in 2 step but I just wanted to know a little bit more about it:D

6766 makes full boost by 4500rpm - Someone will correct me if im wrong :)

2 Step is a sort of launch control - It pre spools the turbo during launch. But its not good for the turbo if you do it often!

Guest Budz86

2 step also keeps the wastewater closed during gear changes, meaning you hold boost. Problem is the the pressure needs to go somewhere and that ends up being back through the intake. It will damage the bearings and probably compressor fins too if used too often. Very good for drag racing but think about how long you want a turbo to last!

How long will the turbo last when using 2 step? And is the 2JZ-GTE strong enough for 700-800hp?

All depends on how often you use 2-step. People have run 700-750 on the stock engine, If you upgrade to ARP Headstuds, Main Studs, Rod bolts then the engine could take 800bhp max. But if you want it too be safe I wouldnt recommened going over 700bhp on the stock internals.

Would it? I'd imagine what would be better to come back to this when you are a position to do so.

It is a bit like me planning what type plane I am going to buy before I get my pilots license :D

In 5 years time possible that a number of different turbo's will be on the market, possible that you find a car with the spec you want within your budget.

If you are interested then spend time reading through the forum, loads of information on here :)