The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about a Turbo Kit

Guest Remus1997

Guest Remus1997

I'm a big fan of Supra's and I'm planning to buy one in the future, I'm still underage but I want to start saving up the money for a Twin Turbo RHD Supra. I also want to convert it to a single turbo with the Boost Logic Stage 3 Turbo kit.

The description about the Kit:

Boost Logic Ceramic Heat Coated SUS321 Tig Welded Tubular Header

PTE 46 mm Wastegate

4" Stainless Steel 304 Downpipe

4" Stainless Steel 304 Midpipe

5" Aluminum Intake Pipe

3" Aluminum Intercooler Pipe Weld Flange

Braided Oil feed and Return Kit with Aeroquip fittings and Lines

5" K&N Filter

K&N Breathers (x2)

High Quality Silicone Connecters

Clamps and Miscellaneous items.

Installation Instructions

Maximum Horsepower Rating in RWHP(spool depends on A/R sizing)

GT4582: 1100rwhp (5200rpm)

My question is: what are the most important parts to replace/upgrade to safely run the higher hp numbers?

Guest Remus1997

Main goal for me is 700-850ish and road car.

PS I'm from Holland so my English isn't really amazing or something.. But I know a lot of the car/engine part names :D

Given your user name I am taking a guess 1997 is your birth year, making you 15?

If you do have the funds to build such a car it is not an ideal first car really, what would the insurance be like, it's worth asking now as I predict it could be a game changer

I would think a about something else for a while, at 15 I had other things on my mind !

Guest Remus1997

I understand, but it isnt going to be my first car, I just want to start saving up some money for it because I know i need a lot of it and its better to start saving at an earlier age, well thats what i guess.. But I appreciate all of the comments and help/suggestions but the most important thing for me are the costs and the most important parts to upgrade and I want to start saving at this age because its going to cost a lot.

15 years old?! Wait till you spot the ladies you'll long forget about any Supra :D

My advice would be don't run before you can walk. Save up, buy the twin turbo as you originally planned & then you can decide if you want more power which route you'd like to take. For all you know after you been to a meet or spent time reading on the forum you might want big twins. :)

I don't know what insurance costs are like in Holland but if you are 17 when you buy a stock Supra I doubt you will get insurance. Sometime ago I read a post from a 17 year old on Pistonheads forum saying he was quoted over £10,000 for a Volvo S40 :blink:

You may have to lower your expectaions for the first 5 or 6 years, start off with a Fiat 500 and work your way up from there :thumbs:

Enjoy being young! lots of booze, women and drugs!

then

Save a good £25-30k. simples.... the women then come free!

This :D

I want to make it my hobby, I don't care about female attention, its about the supra in my opinion, :D

:limp:

At your age my friend, if you have to think about the cost you can't afford it...!

When I was 19yrs old I owned a Celica GT4 '2lt turbo 4x4' and the only way I could get insured is because my gf was 5 yrs older then me and I was named driver on her insurance. My best advice for you is to start working on liking girls and think about dating an older girl...! ;-)

Enjoy being young! lots of booze, women and drugs!

then

Save a good £25-30k. simples.... the women then come free!

Can I just point out that http://www.mkivsupra.net DOES NOT endorse taking drugs of any kind. The above comment was said in jest and is to be taken that way also. The only thing we get high on is BOOST.

Thanks for reading.

Supra love FTMFW.

more power does not alaways mean a better drive ! as said if you want a supra then just start saving now as much as you can , then when you are older you can buy a supra or do what you want with your money as other things might come up, dont go round buying a load of parts you can get cheap as you may never get a supra and the parts might not fit on the car you end up with, and as technoligy moves on the more useless your parts will be compaired to the new stuff,

850 is a very fast car

i thought stock was fast then thought bpu was fast then thought hybrid was fast now think 523bhp is fast but still if i was going it again i would of stayed at BPU!! and spent the money else ware

You have seen too many highpowered Supra video on Youtube.... take it easy and planning it smart! get your driving licence and your first cheap hatchback, learn to drive it 1 year and than buy a bmw 325i buid your confidence driving a RWD for at least one year, (until than save money for the Supra) After all of this you can buy a Supra and start modifying !

I don´t want to hear about another Supra crush!:angry: