The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rough idle and deceleration problem.

Kaan W

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent got the time as ive just stripped it down to replace the oil and water lines and need to order the bits asap to get that sorted for tuesday. I'll just have to drive it to him and if its still playing up and he cant map it i'll have get the problem sorted then re book it.

Get it to a tuner mate as soon as you can, you need it sorting, no point taking it for mapping with an issue

As soon as I have a problem I get it in, I have no mechanical knowledge so leave it for the pros

Mine went into the garage this morning just to re-wire a fan relay, would not chance it myself

I agree

Shoot me down for saying this but you are running the car easy for the first 15 mins or so just to get everything up to temp before booting it right? Otherwise it will be the syvecs kicking in to save all the time and money you put into building that car, which is the exact reason everyone raves about these ECU's!

Edit: when I say easy I mean off boost completely

Shoot me down for saying this but you are running the car easy for the first 15 mins or so just to get everything up to temp before booting it right? Otherwise it will be the syvecs kicking in to save all the time and money you put into building that car, which is the exact reason everyone raves about these ECU's!

That's a point I remember talking to Jamie about how the syvecs won't let you boot it until the oil temp and pressure is at the right point!

Yeah course I do, it warms up pretty quick anyway and I find after about 5 minutes of running the 3500rpm rev limit is lifted. Its just started to run a bit funny lately I dont know if its the oil temp getting too hot where the return lines burning itself against the exhaust manifold or it could be changing from v power to tesco ultimate I dont know. But until I get it to Ryan then i'll know exactly what it is and what can be done.

I think i'll check the ICV and give it a clean to eliminate that possibiltity.

What is tps?

Throttle Position Sensor

I've had cars come to me before that the tps was setup, but then adjusted manually by someone. Then the ecu can see closed throttle as a negative value, ie -3% etc.

You can just re sync the sensor in scal. First check the TPS readings though,

Throttle Position Sensor

I've had cars come to me before that the tps was setup, but then adjusted manually by someone. Then the ecu can see closed throttle as a negative value, ie -3% etc.

You can just re sync the sensor in scal. First check the TPS readings though,

Got ya! Something Ryan can do before mapping I guess :)

I dare plug my car into the computer who knows what will happen :blink: