The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is your job?

Hucker

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im 24 and work as a bricklayer with one of the largest, if not the largest, constructions firms in europe. started as a wee apprentice 8 years ago on £60 a week and reaping the benefits now. also currently midway through a site management degree all funded by the firm so no student debt :) my not be the best job in the world but i absolutely love it as im never in the same place for more than a few months and work with a great team. company vehicle + fuel card yet i still manage to spend £40 a week on fuel for the supe!!

I'm a Wind tunnel mechanical design engineer for Midland F1 Racing Ltd.

My job is to improve the productivity and quality of wind tunnel tests. It's good as I get to play with a lot of toys, and get paid a fair wage, but have to work "hours as development dictates". At the moment that's just shy of 80 hours a week.

Guest Mista_V

I'm an Underwriter in motor insurance! (please don't lynch me :eek: )

Yes guys it is fairly ridiculous as to how premiums are worked out!...I know someone asked me how on another thread but i've lost it so i'll dig it up and reply.

Its not too bad but i've moved on within the job without increased pay so it may be time to ship out soon.

Wanted to join the RAF for most of my life however didn't have the eyesight, my ultimate goal is to now earn enough to learn to fly helicopters later in life, this is the only job I can say I honestly wouldn't care how much I earned.

Wanted to join the RAF for most of my life however didn't have the eyesight, my ultimate goal is to now earn enough to learn to fly helicopters later in life, this is the only job I can say I honestly wouldn't care how much I earned.

You should like into writing insurance for helicopters. May help you with knowledge and moving in the direction you want to go. Tough choice of career though. Most of the helo pilot jobs are sucked up by prior military.

Im an SAP systems analyst for Caterpillar looking after Land Rover and Xpart (parts business left over from MG Rover days) systems. Pay is ok but its the training im after as it costs a fortune to go on SAP courses. Its handy as its only 10 minutes away and Vicki (Rogue aka my wife) works there as well as my brother and best friend.

Mark

As MrHanky says I work at Caterpillar too. I am on the Xpart side of the business as a Customer Service Administrator and Dealer Systems Support. Pay is very good for Customer Services TBH :)