The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is your job?

Hucker

I work in the computer games industry (EA) :D :D

Been there 5 years and still love every second of it! It's like being paid to go to Uni every day - although I do work some shocking hours!!

And yes ... I do take bribes. And yes traders, and I will swap games for car parts - hehehe (worth a try!) ;) .

Cheers, J :angry:

ps. On a very geeky note ... anyone playing World of Warcraft :scare:

Can you please tell EA to stop fucking up all their good games then :) Need for speed is a travesty compared to the heady heights of "Road Challenge" and "Porsche Unleashed" and BF2 has NO COOP MODE :eek: :banghead: I've never known another company to release the next edition of a game series by improving the graphics and removing the good features... Look at Hot Pursuit 2 ffs - no hot pursuit or in fact any AI cars or even traffic in multiplayer :yawn:

And bring back Motor City ;)

-Ian

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for some of you IT guys. You must love the movie Office Space.

I'm in the U.S. Air Force stationed in Germany. Last assignment was Okinawa, Japan. Darn the luck right? I fly on AWACS and tell fighter pilots who to go shoot at. If it flys (figurative speaking), I see it. If it's not civilian traffic, I'm probably talking to it. I travel the world making sure bad guys don't do bad things.

My job doesn't suck, but it's got its share of politics and B.S.

The pay isn't very good but were I not in the military, I wouldn't be able to afford my supra.

Can you please tell EA to stop fucking up all their good games then :)
Oh GOD ONLY KNOWS we try!! We argue and moan until we are blue in the face about these issues. Unfortunately the 'big guys' at the top of the company don't actually think to listen what hardcore gamers are saying .... they listen to the hardcore shareholders!!

You can 'sort of' play co-op in BF2, but you can't really set up a custom game. You can start a singleplayer campaign, and then other people can join on the LAN by using the host PC's IP address. It's a bit convoluted ... but it kinda works. I went absolutely f***ing MENTAL when I found out that Co-Op had been screwed! My brother and I used to take on entire armies by ourself in 1942 and Desert Combat!!

Mind you ... Burnout 4 is looking tasty!

Working on it right now ;) .... I keep trying to get EA to sponsor my car instead of some overpriced Sumo thing! Makes sense to me ... I mean, I work here for God's sake!

:D

Cool, I'm looking forward to this one, you can't beat the cop chases from the original NFS.

Can you get a few Envy logo's in there somewhere? ;)

Is there a lot more of the Japanese/US tuning companies on board this time?

Gaz.

I'm not 100% sure what's in there at the moment as we've only been seeing very early versions. It looks pretty slick though ... a bit more like Burnout.

You could always try and get through to our PR department and see if there is any promotional stuff you could do with them. They seem to have some sort of tie with Sumo at the moment though.

Cheers, J

• 1 year later...
Oh GOD ONLY KNOWS we try!! We argue and moan until we are blue in the face about these issues. Unfortunately the 'big guys' at the top of the company don't actually think to listen what hardcore gamers are saying .... they listen to the hardcore shareholders!!

You can 'sort of' play co-op in BF2, but you can't really set up a custom game. You can start a singleplayer campaign, and then other people can join on the LAN by using the host PC's IP address. It's a bit convoluted ... but it kinda works. I went absolutely f***ing MENTAL when I found out that Co-Op had been screwed! My brother and I used to take on entire armies by ourself in 1942 and Desert Combat!!

Mind you ... Burnout 4 is looking tasty!

I can't believe that developers spend so much time perfecting the online aspects of so many games and then completely ignore the fact that sometime people like to have a beer or two, munch a pizza and play decent games all in the same room. Surely it cant take much more work! All the player models and stuff are all there for the net games, why wouldn't you have it as an option?

I love co-op mode in games and will go well out of my way to find a game that me and my mates can all get together and play:

Ie -

Red Alert 2

Generals

Freelancer

Dungeon Siege 1 & 2

Hidden and Dangerous 1 & 2

Battlefield 1942

Unreal Tournament

Ground Control 2

Am I a geek yet?

Sod it Im gonna start a thread, see if anyone has any suggestions of any others.

Apologies for the HiJack :p

Male whore... crap pay... worst part prob kissing old ladies :( .... pays for the supra tho :D

But how do they feel about kissing you :p

I'm a "Stunt Cock" in the adult film industry

Ahhh, was you a stand in for the great Jonny Holmes

:sex:

I drive trains that break down far too often, swear they were buit by Rover

Charge nurse in a 30 bedded intensive care unit, have worked in nhs for 12 years as itu nurse and organ transplant co-ordinator, hate it, pay is ok see a lot of bad things which make me think life is too short not to have a few luxuries, i have more debt than most African countries but manage somehow, it is a wonder any one can live comfortably in this country, i will not be beaten by government tax so thats why i have the Aristo and bollocks to fuel cost, you could be gone any day.Job also makes me drive more carefully(sometimes).Mortgage is bigger than the moon etc etcI have great wife and two perfect kids(and the car) so can't really better that!. I see work as community service, just wish i knew what crime i have done:p :)