The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is your job?

Hucker

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im the designer / stylist for a well known powerboat builder on the south coast - salary is in keeping with someone whos done this for 25 years - I suppose I have the choice of driving a few tasty cars, but last four have been Supes - does this say more for the Supra styling / way of life or the pay levels within the design industry ?

SunSeaker is it?

Any chance of a discount - I want a 90ft one :D

Gaz.

PS. When I win the lottery

Guest chiefvinso

I'm currently a software tester but have just handed my notice in as I'm not happy - going back into the field of GIS. Have been accepted to be part of a project to develop one for a council near Middlesborough and I'm taking a big pay cut but I am gaining pension and flexi and paid holidays. Doing the figures, the car will be paid for I just hope I can run it and mod to my needs.

I am a Principle Process Module Technologist.......

Yes a mouthful, I process micro chips and no not the Macain ones...

These are mainly for mobiles, pace makers lots of medical equipment

and so on and so on.

Some of it is quite cool but mainly boring. Pays my bills my car and i only work 3 days a week shifts :D :D :D :D :D

I am a Semiconductor equipment tool owner for what, I guess, used to be the same company as you!

I work in the Swindon plant.

As you say, pays the bills and keeps the supe on the road so not complaining.

Working 4 on 4 off at the moment but switching to days soon...

Ian

Hi Gaz, Sunsqueeker it is, but no chance of a discount, soz, not even for the guys in the design office...I wouldnt say the MD is tight, but he made the Grand Canyon...he dropped a 10p piece down a rabbit hole.....I can get a discount on a days charter for 12 tho

Hi Gaz, Sunsqueeker it is, but no chance of a discount, soz, not even for the guys in the design office...I wouldnt say the MD is tight, but he made the Grand Canyon...he dropped a 10p piece down a rabbit hole.....I can get a discount on a days charter for 12 tho

Cool... no staff discount, what sort of company is that :thumbdown

Sounds like a cool job though. Thier boats are amazing.

Gaz.

my other great passion Gaz...........

trouble with discount is that SSeeker dont actually sell their own boats - its all done thru dealerships....as we all know (estate agents / car dealers etc) they make a nasty lot of wonga selling things that could easily sell themselves - still, ref your '90'...if all 3500 odd members each pitched in a grand youve cracked it

Was a purchasing manger for a portable building company, got made redundant at the end of March :( . So at minuite just doing odd jobs 'till I can find a similar job, it keeps the supe filled up anyway!!

I'll never get rid of the supe though, I owe nothing on it and I've waited long enough to get one, not gonna get rid as soon as I've got one!! :D

my other great passion Gaz...........

trouble with discount is that SSeeker dont actually sell their own boats - its all done thru dealerships....as we all know (estate agents / car dealers etc) they make a nasty lot of wonga selling things that could easily sell themselves - still, ref your '90'...if all 3500 odd members each pitched in a grand youve cracked it

I love those boats seen them at the boat show my favorite is the Preditor...but naaahh have to be honest If i won the lottery Id buy (or commision) a (steel) Doggersbank...

Whats that really fast boat thats made in Southampton 'blade' something or other does about 75 or 80 knot, its like a race boat but has a cabin in it..wouldn't mind one of them..£120k or something (easily pleased me he he)

:D

Hi Green Peace, I posted a couple of pics of the latest Predator a few days back....the Blades are insane....80 knots is close to 100 mph, but feels like 200 when your bums three feet off the water...invite me to the launching of your Dogger when your boat comes in !

Hi Green Peace, I posted a couple of pics of the latest Predator a few days back....the Blades are insane....80 knots is close to 100 mph, but feels like 200 when your bums three feet off the water...invite me to the launching of your Dogger when your boat comes in !

Oh No I missed it is that a 100 footer?... (how the other half live aye)

I'll have to use ye olde 'search button' if its been repaired.

I'll put the order in for a Dogger tommorow (If I win The Lottery)...and if any of you lot are ever short of cash you will always be welcome aboard my yacht....(to Clean the decks scrub the loo etc)

Sunseeker make beautiful yachts..and above all they are British (I think)

Ahoy there :drown: Im drowning in Petrol prices.(yacht will have to wait another week :D

I work in the computer games industry (EA) :D :D

Been there 5 years and still love every second of it! It's like being paid to go to Uni every day - although I do work some shocking hours!!

And yes ... I do take bribes. And yes traders, and I will swap games for car parts - hehehe (worth a try!) ;) .

Cheers, J :angry:

ps. On a very geeky note ... anyone playing World of Warcraft :scare:

Wow...Nice boat..I was once told that to run a boat like that costs about a 25% of its original purchase cost a year..so even if you got a lottery win...you have to sink a regular amont of dosh into it!

So let me guess that boat has got to be worth at least £2.5-£3.m (am I close?) so at least £500-£700k a year in fuel, mechanical maintenance, mooring fees, crewing, cleaning, dry dock repairs etc...or Im I way off course!

What kind of people buy this boat apart from Lottery Winners...? Anyone famous?

So let me guess that boat has got to be worth at least £2.5-£3.m (am I close?) so at least £500-£700k a year in fuel, mechanical maintenance, mooring fees, crewing, cleaning, dry dock repairs etc...or Im I way off course!

Paying this only in this country I bet!

Hi Green Peace, you arnt too far out....its an expensive business - 'a boat is a hole in the water, lined with GRP into which you throw lots of money'....the pics are of the 82 Predator, which carries 6000 litres (1325 gals or about 5 tonnes) of deisel which at 30 mph can go 340 miles...thats about 4 gals per mile, not exactly cheap, but then economy isnt a major consideration ! As to who buys these things, businessmen, racing drivers, tennis players, foreign royalty, night club owners and a few south american 'horticulturists'