The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the bad news. One of my friend works for Dacorum Enviromental Health, they've had several complaints (5 so far) about the noise claiming it wasn't an organised event. Which though it was it wasn't, as planning permission was required for the event not just the lower part but the part we were in too. The Police were also told that the event was on every two weeks though Enviromental Health think this is because they were getting confused with the Stock Car racing which is every 2 weeks. So may be able to confuse the local's with this and hide us so they don't complain next year. All the complaint came from Bovingdon Green whos average age it quite high.

Learnt this from the Z3 owner as it's his ex who works for EH. Spoke to her since so EH are clearer on what was happening.

There is stock car racing then every two weeks is that right then?

Mrs Simms the airfield owner didn't seem to think it was an issue when we discussed this with her. We told her what we were planning on doing during the day and she said it wasn't a problem.

It was an organised event, otherwise we wouldn't have had access to the airfield.

:shrug:

Hi All,

1st Many thanks to James and family for a GREAT DAY.

OK couple of things to get off my chest.

1: We drove around for nearly two hours looking for the place and must of asked about 50 odd people where the lane was, at one point I had a convoy of around 15 cars behind me thinking I knew the way what a twat I felt when I turned up Bourne end lane and it was a dead end !!!!!!

2: We by that I mean myself and Samsupra37 started by parking on the same side as everyone else after about 30 mins and a few near misses and stone chips we decided to park on the other side of the track, also as the weather looked bad we tried to put up a large marque that we had bought with us to enable a place for everyone to shelter should the rain come down however as hard as we tried to put it up the wind had other ideas ( Thank you to everyone who just looked on and laughed and did not offer to help).

3: In response to Homer: Mate get your facts right before you sling mud, we parked on that side to avoid damage to our cars from stones and a couple of near misses from people who came close to cliping our cars, also we both paid as soon as the table was setup and filled in the forms I did not get a timed run but who cares, we were also very carefull about making our way to other parts ot the track from that point, as I remember there were a few other people that side of the track also but did not see them make any bad moves either.

Ok enough said.

The day was great and poor old Samanthas clutch went and had a four hour wait for the RAC bad show as she was a disabled female on her own ( As far as they were concerned ), must say thanks to ABBS for taking an intrest in his old car, and a big thank you to all for taking the time to chat to us.

Looking forward to the next event.

:clap:

3: In response to Homer: Mate get your facts right before you sling mud, we parked on that side to avoid damage to our cars from stones and a couple of near misses from people who came close to cliping our cars, also we both paid as soon as the table was setup and filled in the forms I did not get a timed run but who cares, we were also very carefull about making our way to other parts ot the track from that point, as I remember there were a few other people that side of the track also but did not see them make any bad moves either.

My post was badly worded as usual. I was talking about the Max-GT car - the red supra that was doing the drifting & burnouts in the middle of the track while it was being used. There was an incident with one car from the area that pulled out across the return route people were taking from the strip. Apologies, I didn't mean to imply you or others there were responsible for these actions.

But anyway, lessons learnt for the next time - Perhaps some time could be set aside during the next event for drifting demo's, etc. If its done safely then its great to watch :)

Lets not ruin the day with all this talk and finger pointing. The day as James put it was a great learning day for the next event.

I agree with Homer though that a drift display would be great to see. A MKIV Supra drift session/school should be on the next one!

4 car drag race and a track for drift and driving. Also the 1/4 mile :)

:thumbs:

Hi All,

1st Many thanks to James and family for a GREAT DAY.

OK couple of things to get off my chest.

1: We drove around for nearly two hours looking for the place and must of asked about 50 odd people where the lane was, at one point I had a convoy of around 15 cars behind me thinking I knew the way what a twat I felt when I turned up Bourne end lane and it was a dead end !!!!!!

2: We by that I mean myself and Samsupra37 started by parking on the same side as everyone else after about 30 mins and a few near misses and stone chips we decided to park on the other side of the track, also as the weather looked bad we tried to put up a large marque that we had bought with us to enable a place for everyone to shelter should the rain come down however as hard as we tried to put it up the wind had other ideas ( Thank you to everyone who just looked on and laughed and did not offer to help).

ok enough said.

The day was great and poor old Samanthas clutch went and had a four hour wait for the RAC bad show as she was a disabled female on her own ( As far as they were concerned ), must say thanks to ABBS for taking an intrest in his old car, and a big thank you to all for taking the time to chat to us.

Looking forward to the next event.

:clap:

Your comments are fair play. I cannot stress enough how disappointed we were that the timing gear stopped playing. I am fairly certain it was something I did to the PC after the power lead came out and I had to reboot the machine. Of course the weather on the day led to slightly poor track times, so you may have been disappointed with your time - still would have been nice to get it I know.

Not the easiest of places to find either. Perhaps we should have put the delta paint force directions up on site as well, so that is duly noted.

All your other points have been made by other members and we will know for next time.

I still maintain £20 to have a play on the track and practice drag racing is good value. James is still short £100 I think [even though he has stated that he doesn't mind shedding out some of his own money], any monies over the break even will be given to the club charity lets not forget.

Hopefully it wasn't too traumatic for you. :thanku:

There was an incident with one car from the area that pulled out across the return route people were taking from the strip. Apologies, I didn't mean to imply you or others there were responsible for these actions.

As I said in a PM to homer, this had nothing to do with us, and was a very unfortunate thing (well, at least nothing actually happened, apart from some brown trouser moments).....

I did send James a PM, but I think I will echo it in the public forum....

At the end of the day, I went home buzzing because the day was so amazing, yeah there was some issues with the timing gear, you know what I don't really care, I had fun, and my times were not going to be great, the only I thing I managed to outrun on the drag was the BMW Z3 so it wasn't a total loss *grin* It was not a proper drag strip, it was a disused runway, the surface isn't ideal, but you know what, it was a good laugh... you pays your money....

As far as the drifting idea goes, oh hell yeah, definitely, have a bit of a slot for that....

But and I realize this will not make me popular, but it does seem that the majority of people enjoyed yesterday, but a few people seem to focus on the flaws of the day, the way I look at it, majority of the people had fun and that is all that matters, and if you can show me the same level of fun for £20 then please do

James and Co did a fanastic job in organizing everything and getting it run as well as it did, and I can not credit them enough.

Enough said on the matter from my side...

Thanks guys again for a great day...

PS : The views in this post are not the views of Max-GT, but purely my own.

Gav

As I said in a PM to homer, this had nothing to do with us, and was a very unfortunate thing (well, at least nothing actually happened, apart from some brown trouser moments).....

I did send James a PM, but I think I will echo it in the public forum....

At the end of the day, I went home buzzing because the day was so amazing, yeah there was some issues with the timing gear, you know what I don't really care, I had fun, and my times were not going to be great, the only I thing I managed to outrun on the drag was the BMW Z3 so it wasn't a total loss *grin* It was not a proper drag strip, it was a disused runway, the surface isn't ideal, but you know what, it was a good laugh... you pays your money....

As far as the drifting idea goes, oh hell yeah, definitely, have a bit of a slot for that....

But and I realize this will not make me popular, but it does seem that the majority of people enjoyed yesterday, but a few people seem to focus on the flaws of the day, the way I look at it, majority of the people had fun and that is all that matters, and if you can show me the same level of fun for £20 then please do

James and Co did a fanastic job in organizing everything and getting it run as well as it did, and I can not credit them enough.

Enough said on the matter from my side...

Thanks guys again for a great day...

PS : The views in this post are not the views of Max-GT, but purely my own.

Gav

Thanks for the support Gav. It was still an absolutely amazing day ontop of everything that didn't go right. :thanks:

James is still short £100 I think [even though he has stated that he doesn't mind shedding out some of his own money], any monies over the break even will be given to the club charity lets not forget.

In that case Sabrina/James, give me bank account details and I'll send you a tenner - would send twenty but I only watched cos I'm skint! :)

Come on everyone, don't let James be out of pocket - it's not fair - plus you want him to organise another, don't you?! :)

Just wanted to make this clear...

It was my car that slowly crossed the track just when Matt Harwood's Supra was storming up the strip. I had let my missus have a go in the car and I think she got a bit carried away and suddenly tried to cross the strip without checking if anything was coming. She is really upset about the whole thing and quite shaken up. She now says she's never coming to one of these events again. :(

My sincerest apologies to Matt. I'm really sorry to have given you a fright. Nowt to do with MaxGT!

Great Day Guys

Thanks to James, Sabrina and all those that helped to set the event up.

Was nice to see everyone enjoying their toys to the max.

Shame the weather didnt last, on my first timed run i was still spinning in 3rd and almost sideways at one point.......Good Fun Though...

My boy couldnt believe his luck when i kept him in the car for the run.... :ecstatic:

Dad Dad Dad Dad do it again............lol

Anyway good to see you all and look forward to doing it again.

Now, where can i get some cheap Goodyear F1's to replace the knackered rubber i came home with? anybody?

Dave :littled:

Great Day Guys

Thanks to James, Sabrina and all those that helped to set the event up.

Was nice to see everyone enjoying their toys to the max.

Shame the weather didnt last, on my first timed run i was still spinning in 3rd and almost sideways at one point.......Good Fun Though...

My boy couldnt believe his luck when i kept him in the car for the run.... :ecstatic:

Dad Dad Dad Dad do it again............lol

Anyway good to see you all and look forward to doing it again.

Now, where can i get some cheap Goodyear F1's to replace the knackered rubber i came home with? anybody?

Dave :littled:

We seemed to have quite a few runs side by side. Was a good laugh. Having only had my supe for about 6 weeks was the first time I really got to open it up like this. Learnt so much about how it handles and how to get a good take off in an auto!

Regarding tyres... try http://www.blackcircles.com

I'm not sure if they are the cheapest as have not had to buy tyres for my supe yet but someone from work told me about them. He ended up saving over £200 on rear tyres for a 7 series beemer...

Regarding tyres... try http://www.blackcircles.com

I'm not sure if they are the cheapest as have not had to buy tyres for my supe yet but someone from work told me about them. He ended up saving over £200 on rear tyres for a 7 series beemer...

Good tip ifran, I used blackcircles.com after a friend at work recommended them to me. They deliver to a garage of your choice and all costs are inclusive, a good saving over ordering direct.

Dave: if you can wait a week, try http://www.mytyres.co.uk - I couldn't wait as I was on a spacesaver and went for blackcircles. They deliver rubber from somewhere on the continent, and the prices are f'ing great.

If you use blackcircles, pm me your email address and I'll send you a recommendation discount.