The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

CJ,

- Thanks very much for taking Suzanne for a spin! Within 50m of driving off, the arse end of the car was going somewhere else!! :) Had visions of you coming back with finger nails dug into your dash. But she said to send you a big thanks, so, BIG THANKS TO YOU :)

Christian

It was a pleasure. It is not often I get to have a beautiful woman in the car with me so to have 2 in one day (Suzanne and Vix) was an absolute delight :D

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! What a day! James and Sabrina you are both stars not only for all the effort and hard work you put into this, but frankly for actually making the idea happen too! Outstanding. :urock: :thanks:

Next time don't forget I am more than happy to contribute on the technology side of things and run the timing equipment.

damn my bad. He does look like you though says James. Te he. I'm so confused and it was very windy :D

So of course this means RobSheffield is as good looking or as ugly as me :tongue: Guess it me you were referring too when we tried to restart the GPS kit. Ha ha. Anyway no worries I enjoyed myself immensely regardless of no timed run. Next time :)

In response to Homer's observations, I would agree that the day was marred by some over-enthusiasm but as James said, it's a learning process and I hope that we can all chip in next time to set expactations and support the organisers in keeping things safe. One thing from my side is perhaps a system for collecting payment in advance and issuing ONE sticker for each track car would be a better idea. To illustrate this one of the stickers was taken from my rear window and I'm not sure this was really in the spirit of the day. Anyway, grown-up moment over.

All in all a fanstastic day and nothing can remove my memory of all those 50 odd grins on our faces all day long. :ecstatic:

I had never been on a track with my Supe or done power runs. Now I am (more or less) used to the car I was really looking forward to trying out in some space and getting driving tips. I was not disappointed and very grateful to you "old hands".

It was fantastic to meet so many of you out there and get awed by your machines and experiences. Putting faces to avatars is always an eye opener! ;)

BTW I took loads of pics during the day and some low-res vids. I'll post thumbnails in the Multimedia section but would need some host support for the vids or full-res pics. Anyone?

WOW! What a day! James and Sabrina you are both stars not only for all the effort and hard work you put into this, but frankly for actually making the idea happen too! Outstanding. :urock: :thanks:

Next time don't forget I am more than happy to contribute on the technology side of things and run the timing equipment.

So of course this means RobSheffield is as good looking or as ugly as me :tongue: Guess it me you were referring too when we tried to restart the GPS kit. Ha ha. Anyway no worries I enjoyed myself immensely regardless of no timed run. Next time :)

hellloooooooooooooooooooo. I was thinking of putting a post up, I guess I lost my mind in the excitment. Its youoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu who I was talking to [and subsquently hugged in my excitment]

The idea of the stickers was that one was meant to be issued at a time, unfortunately lack of hands did lend itself to some quiet chaos. Then the idea of the timing sheets were that we called each person in the order they handed in their sheets. But the PC took so long to set up for each person, the glare on the screen didn't help and the mouse cursor kept going missing all added to my slowness. But definately next time I shall let you have the honour.

Once again I can't appologise enough for the timing gear not working. :)

On a different notes all times we did record will be put up later. :)

...shout-out acknowledged :woot:

Good to meet you Ray - hope you get it sorted without too much heart and/or wallet ache. A very nice car indeed.

:woot: - Hope to see you on the next meet dude :)

I have to say though - some absolutely gorgeous Supra's there!!

Made me want to go spend lots of money..... :(

It was a great day and I hope that we call can contribute to help the smooth running on the next event as a tribute to James and Sabrina's effort for the day :trophy: Top Stuff!!

Again guys thanks for the comments but above all thanks for coming and making the day such a sucess. Just got back from ordering a couple of new rear tyres for tomorrow :D

I think it may have been CJ's runs that got the attention of one of the locals who was having a garden party that day who later called the Police :p But as you all saw, a little of the Turner charm and the WPC was putty in my hands :cool: Also helped with Chris shouting "she only wants your number James". :innocent:

WOW! What a day! James and Sabrina you are both stars not only for all the effort and hard work you put into this, but frankly for actually making the idea happen too! Outstanding.

I second that wholeheartedly.:urock:

Anyway no worries I enjoyed myself immensely regardless of no timed run. Next time :)

James 'n' co., it was a great day nonetheless - learnt something new that day, had a few runs and met a whole new social circle - bargain for £20 imho.

I had never been on a track with my Supe or done power runs. Now I am (more or less) used to the car I was really looking forward to trying out in some space and getting driving tips. I was not disappointed and very grateful to you "old hands".

Some lessons in powerbraking from Branners and we were away - not bad for a couple of noobs eh Cornelius? :D It was so much fun.

It was fantastic to meet so many of you out there and get awed by your machines and experiences. Putting faces to avatars is always an eye opener!

You big single crazycats... Matt H, CJ 'n' co. :D glad to be wearing glasses for the trackside when you guys were having the head to head :scare::clap:

Great day out started well. Tried to get in the front but noticed supra after supra coming back so turned round, really didn't want o go in the back way. Get in to see nice line of supra's. Chat with CJ so off down the end to start the ball rolling. Then Matt comes down and Whitelighting in TAZ. Bugger three big singles and me on hybrids. Didn't do too bad but over a larger distance i'd be toast. Burn out was a little to close to the cars but hey it was entertaining. Saw the MAX-GT car wearing 3 different set's of rear wheels during the day :).

Friends who came with me had a whip round as I could take part. Handling curcuit was fun is a little harsh on the tyres if you decide to drift a friend in the z3 found out this morning. Got some video which i'll try and post up tonight as well as Rod showing what line lock does.

Tried to do a 0-60 but it was a bit wet so went side ways instead and even managed wheel spin in 4th :(

Then it was back to the handling track while there was told the drag was back so off we go for the z3 driving to get sideways and end up with three wheel in the field laughing.

Borrowed the z3 keys for a couple of runs while he had my supra (so the poor showing of the white supra were when it was driven by a BMW driver) then cooked the clutch on an MR2 guess the mileage the car has done has taken it's toll.

Great day out. Hope we can have one next year.

Chris W you went home to early wanted to try mine against yours.

Now the bad news. One of my friend works for Dacorum Enviromental Health, they've had several complaints (5 so far) about the noise claiming it wasn't an organised event. Which though it was it wasn't, as planning permission was required for the event not just the lower part but the part we were in too.

The Police were also told that the event was on every two weeks though Enviromental Health think this is because they were getting confused with the Stock Car racing which is every 2 weeks.

So may be able to confuse the local's with this and hide us so they don't complain next year.

All the complaint came from Bovingdon Green whos average age it quite high.

Learnt this from the Z3 owner as it's his ex who works for EH. Spoke to her since so EH are clearer on what was happening.

Imagine what you might have achieved with a big power car like mine eh? :tongue:

I knew that was comming..

I prepared my comebacks yesterday...

Imagine what you would acheive with wider tyres... :tongue:

Imagine what you would acheive with a manual :tongue:

Imagine what you would acheive if you had a VVTI single :tongue:

You had an unfair weight advantage for extra traction :tongue:

Take your pick ..

Friends who came with me had a whip round as I could take part. Handling curcuit was fun is a little harsh on the tyres if you decide to drift a friend in the z3 found out this morning. Got some video which i'll try and post up tonight as well as Rod showing what line lock does..

Who's Rod???! :-)

My left rear is screwed after that handling circuit session!

Also there seems to be random bits of plastic missing here and there, probably those pesky tyres that kept getting under the motor.

R

Who's Rod???! :-)

My left rear is screwed after that handling circuit session!

Also there seems to be random bits of plastic missing here and there, probably those pesky tyres that kept getting under the motor.

R

Opps trying to look busy, type and not get caught.

James has chunks missing from his tyres too but he did spin 7 times in total on the Handling circuit.

I knew that was comming..

I prepared my comebacks yesterday...

Imagine what you would acheive with wider tyres... :tongue:

Imagine what you would acheive with a manual :tongue:

Imagine what you would acheive if you had a VVTI single :tongue:

You had an unfair weight advantage for extra traction :tongue:

Take your pick ..

No need to imagine. Whilst you were safely tucked up in bed, I was busy destoying the above! :trophy: :nyah: