The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the day was (IMO) a great success, I do have a couple of gripes.

Firstly there were group of individuals who placed themselves on the right side of the track - mostly "Max-GT" related cars and people - who clearly had a different agenda to the rest of the people at the event. We saw several cars from there cause some dangerous situations with the main drag racing event: Pointless donuting and burnouts taking place right next to peoples cars. This caused stone chip damage to more than one car and also interrupting the drag track for considerable time while they have their "fun".

Secondly there were a huge number of people who had ‘track time’ ('drift track' or drag race) that did not pay the £20 they were supposed to when taking part in any of these events. I'm lead to believe that there will be a shortfall in the costs to the event because there were fewer 'payers' than had been promised. Only the cars who paid for their time were supposed to be running... the photos of the event will tell all ;)

If anyone had more than a couple of runs at either the straight or the track and did not pay the £20 to do so should contact James to arrange payment :sly:

Secondly there were a huge number of people who had ‘track time’ ('drift track' or drag race) that did not pay the £20 they were supposed to when taking part in any of these events. I'm lead to believe that there will be a shortfall in the costs to the event because there were fewer 'payers' than had been promised. Only the cars who paid for their time were supposed to be running... the photos of the event will tell all ;)

If anyone had more than a couple of runs at either the straight or the track and did not pay the £20 to do so should contact James to arrange payment :sly:

I paid £20 and did not run.

Keep it - I enjoyed the day.

I second the issue with the parking and burnouts. All good fun, but there was a lack of control that was of some concern. It simply needed some firm leadership early on to set the rules. Otherwise a great attentance, I enjoyed seeing the real drivers :)

if thats true then its quite sad as i know james and others went to a lot of trouble to arrange this meet and for them to be left short on the costs would be a great shame..... sounds like you all had lots of fun, im glad it turned out to be a good day ( not the weather) and sorry i had to miss it

Perhaps some people just forgot to pay? Nobody asked me for payment so I made sure I paid James before I left on the day. It's conceivable that a lot of people would have just forgotten with the excitement of the day. I would hope that members of the Supra community wouldn't try and screw James out of £20 on purpose after such a great day out.

My turn!

James, Kosmic & all those involved in the organisation of this event: thank you. It was my first meet and I couldn't have asked for a nicer face to face introduction.

Paid and had yellow stickies on :woot: but didn't get to run :cry: ... but it was well worth it nonetheless. A couple of lessons in power breaking and some free-runs were more than enough, 'cause the social side of the meet was the icing on the cake :D

Looking forward to more like this soon. Thanks for a great day people.

Guest slow dog

subaru 1 supra 0 lol

sorry guys and girls but there fun to drive

what a great day thank you so much james and sabrina for the time and effort you have put in to make such a great event.

and yeh the burn out was my bad sorry guys and girls but had no idea there was a track for that until later on in the day (thank you homer for pointing that out )

and dash you killed my clutch lol

Well were do i begin??? I am Knackered. There you go. As im sure you all noticed it didn't go to plan, but it has shown me what i need to do for next year.

There are so many people i need to thank and i apoligies now if i forget anyone.

Sabrina, my partner in crime, Kosmic, Rush, Trig, Pete Sharp, Homer, SteveR, RobAce, i'm having a brain freeze but all those who did the track and those helping with the half working timing gear.

We only had the one person who made it clear they weren't happy on the day, but him apart i think everyone had a good day. Still gotta work out if i broke even or not :scare: and as Darryl pointed out, i'm sure in the confusion some people didn't pay and i have already be contacted by a couple who have sent payments (thanks).

The day was surpose to be a meet of lots of friends who love their cars and know each other to have some track and 1/4 miles timed action. We'll we were close :p And if you enjoyed it this year, wait till next.

Can i add that because i didn't get alot of free time i didn't take any photo's and little video. So posting links would be much apprciated.

Best moments of the day..........

Everyone phoning me telling me they were going round Bovingdon and couldn't get in.

Kosmic getting ready to speed off the line on a test run only to go backwards in reverse :p PMSL

And Chris W running around being chased by a wasp as CJ and could only look on in amusment :clap:

Any times BTW?

Interested to see how the big and small singles did overall v stock stuff??

(Stock@BPU)

I was lucky to run in the dry before the rain:

0-60 / Top Speed

1st run 5.0 / 92.8

2nd run 5.2 / 95.9

I think we needed a longer braking area as the first run I slowed before the finish - those gates looked a little close to me....On the second run, braked full on at the end :eek:

84.8 and 5.42

89.53 and 5.5s

double de-cat, exhaust and restrictor ring.

first time doing launch and don't have a clue what to do......

driving into the metal fence at the end and being laugh at while bleeding to death was the last thing on my list so I didn't go mad at it.

I need a boost controller and a fmic !!

China