The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I missed out now.

I did get to go to a local classic car show in the Tiger and manage to reverse into a post (don't ask) putting a massive whole in the front wheel arch - DOH! Oh well, they were getting replaced with CF ones anyway.

Just want to add my Thanks to James for organising this day it was great fun, cant wait til the next one.

Next time we could do without the donut display in the middle of the drag strip while people were using it.

Yeh second that. Was nearly a potentially a nasty incident where Matt Harwoods Supe was coming down the strip at some serious leptons and supe in the middle of the strip travelling v slowly, could have been v v nasty.

Well done James and Sabrina for sorting a great day out. :thanku:

First time I've dragged raced....I was beating a T61 with HKS cam equipped supra and came rather close with CJ on one run!! I was well chuffed (and bragged all day about it)! :ecstatic:

I've just primered the stone chips! Shame about my new windscreen. :D

Does anyone know the spec/model of the silver Evo?

Nice to meet everyone and a bloody great day.

:)

Cheers,

Ro

Oh, and if Matt Harwood and Whitelightening could send me little statuettes of themselves, I will be grateful. I can then put those on my mantlepiece to join the others that have been owned by the Orange Beast!!! :nyah:

Its in the post m8.

Now HAD you been on the trip to Denmark then it would be YOU who would be sending ME a statue :)

Great to see you all, had a great time, sorry I left early I had an appointment.

Thanks to Terry for confirming that my brakes and performance were shagged. Plan to rectify this is in place and I thank the VP team for their "advice". (Basically they said stop coming to the events and never darken their doorsteps again lol !) :)

I've just primered the stone chips! Shame about my new windscreen. :D

Ro

N e one got any info on getting rid of stone chips? I have got way more than i would have wanted. At least there battle scars and not behind a lorry on the M25

Did everyone notice .. the silence when plod came around ? Maybe should've asked her if she wanted to drag her Merc.

Yeh second that. Was nearly a potentially a nasty incident where Matt Harwoods Supe was coming down the strip at some serious leptons and supe in the middle of the strip travelling v slowly, could have been v v nasty.

:yeahthat: .. Fortunately it didn't end in tears!

Will post pic's later .

Here are some pic's from today and I had help in the car with the rear view ones.

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/Bovingdon/

SHELL station 2005, well, we had one a few years back so...

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/Bovingdon/DSCN1349.JPG

My little helper got this great "arty" one of Ray's car

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/Bovingdon/DSCN1362.JPG

Tell me about it! - I had Vicky in the car with me at the time, I'm not sure which of us was more scared! :scare:

Aside from that, I had a really good day. Great to meet some new faces, and of course good to see all the famillier ones.

The doughnut displays would have been nicer out the way of the strip and further away from peoples cars, and shame the timing gear packed up, but all in all, a good day.

Need a new clutch now :innocent:

CJ, we need a longer strip mate, I was gaining on you before stamping on the brakes! - Next time :sly: The Tango machine certainly launches well :thumbs:

Tony, thanks for the pic, that's great! :cool: Got any more?

Thanks to James for the organisation, and to Mig and Terry for helping to put my car back together!

Thanks guys for your comments. Things didn't entirely go as planned today, but we are both relieved that the day turned out just great in the end. We have already started thinking about next time....................

Next time we will have the entire airfield, track, drag racing and time trials...........hopefully. :D Assuming everyone is up for that again. Even the local police couldn't resist a visit. :D

James is the man you should be thanking the most by the way. :clap: [especially as he is not feeling 100%]. He deserves a big pat on the back.

Great to finally meet CJ and Mr Harwood. Your cars were both absolutely awesome.

Sorry to those folks who didn't get time trials in as due to operator error the timing gear got confused. :shrug: Especially robsheffield as I know you wanted a go.

oh and thanks to everyone for turning up and keeping the spirit of the day alive. Couldn't have asked for a better bunch of participants.

:respekt:

Guest TriXybeLLeYoDa
Tell me about it! - I had Vicky in the car with me at the time, I'm not sure which of us was more scared! :scare:

Bit of a scary moment indeed!!! was impressed by manauver thru the cones at the end though :thumbs:

Thanks to mkivsupra ppls for putting up with an n/a MR2 (the blue one) gate crashing ;)

Thanks to JohnK's car for breaking meaning I could race up and down all day in mine instead ;)

Good job the timing stuff had broke by the time I got anywhere near the track :tongue:

Guest Terry S

Good day guys. I had an issue involving an intercooler full of fuel, so didnt run which was a real shame. The length of track really wasnt suited to single cars especially manuals, so probably not a bad thing.

Well done James & Co.