The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lexus IS200 wheel fitment on Supra

Guest pedro5189

Guest pedro5189

I have looked high and low to find some wheels to use through the winter. Obviously not wanting to spend a great deal on winter wheels I was wondering if anyone has tried the 7x17" et50 variant of these from the IS200. It should be pointed out that they will need to clear my jap spec 4 pot brakes.

If these wont fit does anyone know of any other 17" oem Lexus wheels that will clear the brakes?

lexus.jpg

J Specs are two pot mate. UK Spec are 4 pot.;)

Not strictly true, J-spec Supras were factory fitted with the larger 4pot/2pot brakes and the smaller 2pot/1pot brakes depending on the year and model. In fact there were more J-spec Supra made with the larger brakes than UK spec Supras.

I have looked high and low to find some wheels to use through the winter. Obviously not wanting to spend a great deal on winter wheels I was wondering if anyone has tried the 7x17" et50 variant of these from the IS200. It should be pointed out that they will need to clear my jap spec 4 pot brakes.

The is200 wheels are too narrow for the Supra.

The standard Supra wheels have staggered wheel/tyre widths.

Front - 17x8J +50 - 235/45ZR-17

Rear - 17x9.5J +50 - 255/45ZR-17

Not strictly true, J-spec Supras were factory fitted with the larger 4pot/2pot brakes and the smaller 2pot/1pot brakes depending on the year and model. In fact there were more J-spec Supra made with the larger brakes than UK spec Supras.

No, I knew that Nic. It's just that they are always referred to as UK spec.

My jspec car came with the 4pot2pot brakes.:)

The is200 wheels are too narrow for the Supra.

The standard Supra wheels have staggered wheel/tyre widths.

Front - 17x8J +50 - 235/45ZR-17

Rear - 17x9.5J +50 - 255/45ZR-17

Is it not 40 profile in the rear Nic ? or am I mistaken?

...If these won't fit does anyone know of any other 17" oem Lexus wheels that will clear the brakes?
Don't know about the IS wheels. It might be worth checking on Club Lexus or MyIS - people sometimes fit Supra 4-piston calipers to the IS200/300.

Late LS400 wheels might be OK - from '94 (UCF20 model) they had 4-piston front calipers.

225s would be a bit narrow for 9.5 inch wheels. 235s would probably be the limit.

Edited by garethr (see edit history)