The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 (UPDATED 5-1-2013) - 17th, 18th and 19th May - The Road to Rouen

Branners

Little bit of welding needed for mot before DB

Anybody recognise this man

Think you need another man under there!!

Part of the reason for that was we had no freaking idea what radio frequency everyone else was on.

Can we decide on one before we leave this time? ;)

Channel 5 Pete, think Burna was on his X rated channel ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick one, I purchased a large DB oval sticker and a large number sticker in the online shop when I booked my tickets. Are the stickers going to be provided on the day? Thanks.

Usually sorted out either just before the train or on the train itself mate.

trying to get organised....

has anyone got a postcode for where we get the eurotunnel in the UK? and also a postcode for the hotel in France please?

Are you not meeting at the Ashford Travelodge James?

This is only 10 mins from the Eurotunnel.

Ah, you see it always used to be 5.5 back in the day.

That was the whole problem, it's always been channel 5 with sub channel 5, but the plebs with cheap ass walkie talkies hadnt got sub channels, so the fucked it all up lol

For the 7.20am train we have to be at Eurotunnel for 6.50am, so I plan on leaving the Travelodge at 6.20am sharp. Those who have been with me before know that when its time to go we just go, so be ready.

These are the rough timings for the weekend (all subject to change depending on weather and stuff)

6.20am leave Travelodge in Ashford

6.50am arrive at Eurotunnel and check in

7.20am first group get on the train (going via the coach lanes for the high side loading)

7.50am second group get on train (also going via coach lanes for high side loading)

clocks go forwards 1 hour

8.50am first group arrive at Calais and drive to Total petrol stration

9.20am second group arrive at Calais and drive to Total petrol station

10am - everybody leaves to travel to the lunch stop and we collect Mario and his friends just outside the Calais petrol station

noon - arrive at lunch stop

2pm approx - leave lunch stop

5pm arrive at hotel

Saturday

9.30am meeting in hotel car park

10am leave for Honfleur

12.30pm arrive at Honfleur

2pm - leave honfleur and drive to afternoon tea stop

3pm arrive at afternoon tea stop

3.45pm leave afternoon tea stop to go to hotel

5pm arrive at hotel

Sunday

9.30am meet in hotel car park

10am leave for Bologne Sur Mer Castle

1pm arrive at Bologne Sur Mer Castle

3.15pm leave for Calais

3.50pm check in at Calais

4.20pm first group get on train (follow coach lane for high side vehicles)

4.50pm second group get on train (follow coach lane for high side vehicles)

clocks go back an hour

4.50pm first train arrives back in UK

5.20pm second train arrives back in UK

Everybody makes their way home, but in previous years people have stopped and waited at some services just after getting off the train in the UK. Anybody know which ones as I have never made it to those services!!

No, lunch stop is in Honfleur (have you looked at the routes or are you hoping you can follow the trail of destruction and tyre marks to the lunch stops?)

Honfleur can see Le Havre across the river, but you would need to be a very good swimmer to make it over alive. You could avoid Honfleur and go and tour Le Havre during the 2 hour lunch break and catch us on the other side of the river if you wanted.

Honfleur is beautiful!! Cracking shout

Another thing I may be trying is a live broadcast from the Ashford Travelodge on the Thursday evening and Friday morning. I cannot do it in France as I dont have a SIM that would give me decent pricing on data in france (unless anybody can find me one).

I plan on streaming via ustream.com, probably on this link (which has nothing showing at the moment)

I will post up broadcast times before the event so keep an eye out for that. If I could find a French Data SIM i could broadcast each day...

IF my company blackberry SIM works JB you can try that as cost is free to me. It does handle web data etc but a few functions are restricted. Maybe worth a shot.

Another thing I may be trying is a live broadcast from the Ashford Travelodge on the Thursday evening and Friday morning. I cannot do it in France as I dont have a SIM that would give me decent pricing on data in france (unless anybody can find me one).

I plan on streaming via ustream.com, probably on this link (which has nothing showing at the moment)

I will post up broadcast times before the event so keep an eye out for that. If I could find a French Data SIM i could broadcast each day...

thats certainly worth a go. We can pop that in my phone when we hit france. It may run a fair bit of data though so you may want to double check that you wont be charged as data charges when roaming are scarily large.

My company will be charged, I won't ;)