The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 (UPDATED 5-1-2013) - 17th, 18th and 19th May - The Road to Rouen

Branners

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So we ended up with 46 on the Eurotunnel and 50 hotel rooms. Sadly Burna and Pete didnt make the cut.

Time to finish off the routes now as there's no way back from this!! Might have to change the Friday lunch stop with that many cars, but Saturday and Sunday lunch should be fine.

Now, an interesting question....there is a large japanese car event in Northern Holland (up past Amsterdam and keep going..), its at the Assen TT circuit. It is on the Monday so in theory people could drive up from France on the Sunday, stay in a hotel, do the car show on the Monday and then had back to Calais for the Eurotunnel. Bear in mind this will put an extra 500 miles on the journey. I probably wont be doing it, but is anybody else interested?

A long standing member said they would definitely definitely be coming and would pay soon as they had the funds ready, and they have just dropped out today. I had confirmed the spaces with Eurotunnel and the Hotel and I can probably roll them back, but before I do can I check if anybody else is after that last space?

Now, an interesting question....there is a large japanese car event in Northern Holland (up past Amsterdam and keep going..), its at the Assen TT circuit. It is on the Monday so in theory people could drive up from France on the Sunday, stay in a hotel, do the car show on the Monday and then had back to Calais for the Eurotunnel. Bear in mind this will put an extra 500 miles on the journey. I probably wont be doing it, but is anybody else interested?

hmm i am... i think it would be easier as we already over there.... looks very interesting.... could you send me more details please branners

A bit more information about event, it's the Japanese Autosport Festival and it's held every year. It is considered one of the biggest Japanese car meetings in mainland Europe with over 1500 cars last year. This year it takes place at the TT circuit at Assen instead of Zandvoort because it has a bit more terrain. A few of the activities include streetlegal dragraces, time attack and an show and shine contest. All of Holland's largest JDM clubs will be there such as the Civic Club, Skyline club and Impreza club as well as mixed clubs like the Wangan Warriors or Streetgasm. The Dutch MKIV club has gotten a special place on the terrain because of the 20th anniversary of the MKIV. There is also a slight possibility that we will be able to do a round on the circuit with all the Supra's but we are still bargaining with the organisation about that.

Most of the Dutch Supra MKIV club(about 20 Supra's) will already be at a campsite near Assen on the sunday, but due to the fact that we have to travel all the way up from Calais means we're not going to make that. I myself live in Amersfoort which is in the center of Holland and about 110 miles south of Assen, I've calculated it will already be pretty late when we arrive there so maybe it's a possibility that you UK guys pick an hotel there and drive to Assen in the morning along with me and maybe a few others? There are I think fifteen hotels to choose from in Amersfoort. At Assen we will meet with the Supra's from the campsite and drive onto the festival terrain as one convoy.

A bit more information about event, it's the Japanese Autosport Festival and it's held every year. It is considered one of the biggest Japanese car meetings in mainland Europe with over 1500 cars last year. This year it takes place at the TT circuit at Assen instead of Zandvoort because it has a bit more terrain. A few of the activities include streetlegal dragraces, time attack and an show and shine contest. All of Holland's largest JDM clubs will be there such as the Civic Club, Skyline club and Impreza club as well as mixed clubs like the Wangan Warriors or Streetgasm. The Dutch MKIV club has gotten a special place on the terrain because of the 20th anniversary of the MKIV. There is also a slight possibility that we will be able to do a round on the circuit with all the Supra's but we are still bargaining with the organisation about that.

Most of the Dutch Supra MKIV club(about 20 Supra's) will already be at a campsite near Assen on the sunday, but due to the fact that we have to travel all the way up from Calais means we're not going to make that. I myself live in Amersfoort which is in the center of Holland and about 110 miles south of Assen, I've calculated it will already be pretty late when we arrive there so maybe it's a possibility that you UK guys pick an hotel there and drive to Assen in the morning along with me and maybe a few others? There are I think fifteen hotels to choose from in Amersfoort. At Assen we will meet with the Supra's from the campsite and drive onto the festival terrain as one convoy.

me and speedy andy are intrested mate can we jump on your club stand.

could you confirm ticket price to get in the event also ? is it cheaper to buy tickets now.

we would be happy to find a hotel and drive up with you guys we are just working out a plan :p

me and speedy andy are intrested mate can we jump on your club stand.

could you confirm ticket price to get in the event also ? is it cheaper to buy tickets now.

we would be happy to find a hotel and drive up with you guys we are just working out a plan :p

Just PM'ed you back, event tickets do not yet have a definitive price but I think it will be somewhere around 6 to 10 Euros.

OK, I've made a decision - I'm in for the jap show in Holland.

the show :- http://www.japanseautosportfestival.nl/site/home.html

This is the hotel looking to stop in :- http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/van-der-valk-amersfoort-a1.en-gb.html?sid=95cbe6bd07e67f45785b360d2979b70a;dcid=1;checkin=2013-05-19;checkout=2013-05-20;srfid=66b58c82d7a76d73d68da726a864af5869762d02X6

Who else from the DB trip wants to come ?

1/. Speedyandy

2/. Wewsupra

3/.

4/.

5/.

Edited by SpeedyAndy (see edit history)