The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2013 (UPDATED 5-1-2013) - 17th, 18th and 19th May - The Road to Rouen

Branners

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I've made a decision - I'm in for the jap show in Holland.

the show :- http://www.japanseautosportfestival.nl/site/home.html

This is the hotel looking to stop in :- http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/van-der-valk-amersfoort-a1.en-gb.html?sid=95cbe6bd07e67f45785b360d2979b70a;dcid=1;checkin=2013-05-19;checkout=2013-05-20;srfid=66b58c82d7a76d73d68da726a864af5869762d02X6

Who else from the DB trip wants to come ?

1/. Speedyandy

2/. Wewsupra

3/.

4/.

5/.

any one else intrested

speedys sorting all info out

private message him

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

Why are you stopping so far away from Assen ?

I'd personally drive up from Rouen to Assen on

Sunday 665 km (6hrs)

Stop at Assen Sunday night then go to the show

on Monday, then after the show and being up all

day i'd have thought you'd need to stop over another

night before driving the 900 kms (9hrs) back to B'ham

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Why are you stopping so far away from Assen ?

I'd personally drive up from Rouen to Assen on

Sunday 665 km (6hrs)

Stop at Assen Sunday night then go to the show

on Monday, then after the show and being up all

day i'd have thought you'd need to stop over before

driving the 900 kms back to B'ham

i think we are going to stop near amsterdam at a hotel 50 poundish(Calais to amsterdam 3half hours drive ,leave dragonball around 3pm get to amsterdam 6.30ish, go get somthink to eat in amsterdam town and grab a few beers then bed 10pmish. night out in the dam :p never been befor

then monday morning meet with our dutch supra friends and convoy 100ish miles to the main event.

me and andy plan to drive back to brum yeh we have passengers who can help with the driving if needed.

But if others want the extra night hotel then cool (speedy will give people that option as well)

also Andy said theres a ferry crossing people can get who live north of england maybe he can confim all this better then me, as hes got all info

FERRY to newcastle is from Ijmuiden (near amsterdam) to newcastle (for the north i belive good for alex in scotland saves bomb load of driving/also cabins to sleep in ) edit - just got a quote

Amsterdam (Ijmuiden) 2 people /one car Depart: Mon 20 May @ 17:30 Ship: Princess Seaways NewcastleArrive: Tue 21 May @ 09:00 total 152 pound

2 berth cabin (Inside, Economy Class)- Included in Price

Example If you lived in glasgow

1- driving option - assen(show) to calais 303miles plus euro tunnel to glasgow 490 miles. The total 793 miles

2- ferry option - assen(show) to Ijmuiden 132miles (sleep all night) Newcastle to Glasgow 151 miles. The total driving miles 283 miles

Ferry to Hull option

or you can go to hook of holland(rotterdam) to hull (good for people from leeds, manchester sheffield etc)

Rotterdam 2 people /one car Depart: Mon 20 May @ 21:00 Ship: Pride Of Hull Arrive in hull : Tue 21 May @ 08:00

12h 00m £159.00 cabin included

example if you lived in manchester

1- driving option - assen(show) to calais 303miles, plus euro tunnel to manchester 286miles.The Total miles would be 589

2- ferry option - assen(show) to hook of holland(rotterdam) 154 miles (sleep all night) hull to manchester 95 miles .The total miles would be 249

also theres a ferry from hook of holland(rotterdam) to Harwich near Colchester ,ipswich area

Sunday leave supra dragonball 3pm drive to amsterdam 226miles(3 half hours,arrive 6.30 hotel) go to amsterdam town get food and have a drink

monday leave hotel travel to assen 118miles(1 hour 50 mins) show all day then head to hook of holland ferry 154 miles

ferry crossing 160pound hull to walsall 131miles total miles 629 miles total 629 miles

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

i think we are going to stop near amsterdam at a hotel 50 poundish(Calais to amsterdam 3half hours drive ,leave dragonball around 3pm get to amsterdam 6.30ish, go get somthink to eat in amsterdam town and grab a few beers then bed 10pmish. night out in the dam :p never been befor

then monday morning meet with our dutch supra friends and convoy 100ish miles to the main event.

me and andy plan to drive back to brum yeh we have passengers who can help with the driving if needed.

But if others want the extra night hotel then cool (speedy will give people that option as well)

also Andy said theres a ferry crossing people can get who live north of england maybe he can confim all this better then me, as hes got all info

FERRY to newcastle is from Ijmuiden (near amsterdam) to newcastle (for the north i belive good for alex in scotland saves bomb load of driving/also cabins to sleep in ) edit - just got a quote

Amsterdam (Ijmuiden) 2 people /one car Depart: Mon 20 May @ 17:30 Ship: Princess Seaways NewcastleArrive: Tue 21 May @ 09:00 total 152 pound

2 berth cabin (Inside, Economy Class)- Included in Price

Example If you lived in glasgow

1- driving option - assen(show) to calais 303miles plus euro tunnel to glasgow 490 miles. The total 793 miles

2- ferry option - assen(show) to Ijmuiden 132miles (sleep all night) Newcastle to Glasgow 151 miles. The total driving miles 283 miles

Ferry to Hull option

or you can go to hook of holland(rotterdam) to hull (good for people from leeds, manchester sheffield etc)

Rotterdam 2 people /one car Depart: Mon 20 May @ 21:00 Ship: Pride Of Hull Arrive in hull : Tue 21 May @ 08:00

12h 00m £159.00 cabin included

example if you lived in manchester

1- driving option - assen(show) to calais 303miles, plus euro tunnel to manchester 286miles.The Total miles would be 589

2- ferry option - assen(show) to hook of holland(rotterdam) 154 miles (sleep all night) hull to manchester 95 miles .The total miles would be 249

also theres a ferry from hook of holland(rotterdam) to Harwich near Colchester ,ipswich area

Cheers for this rich.

If any one wants to come along then please let me know. I do need to know by March 10th.

Cheers for this rich.

If any one wants to come along then please let me know. I do need to know by March 10th.

I believe someone had joined a few posts back.

Originally Posted by 214supra

OK, I've made a decision - I'm in for the jap show in Holland.

the show :- http://www.japanseautosportfestival.nl/site/home.html

This is the hotel looking to stop in :- http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/van-der-valk-amersfoort-a1.en-gb.html?sid=95cbe6bd07e67f45785b360d2979b70a;dcid=1;checkin=2013-05-19;checkout=2013-05-20;srfid=66b58c82d7a76d73d68da726a864af5869762d02X6

Who else from the DB trip wants to come ?

1/. Speedyandy

2/. Wewsupra

3/. 214Supra

4/.

5/.

RAC cover

ive just phoned a guy called jason from the rac

and he has got me 2 quotes on my supra twin turbo 1994 reg car

european cover -friday 17th may till sunday 19th may =£41.24 (based on a 1994 reg car)

for any one doing dragonball then holland show

european cover friday 17th may till monday 20th may = £49.78 (based on a 1994 reg car)

I did ask jason to join web site and maybe post up info,

thanks guys

:D How is everybody getting with their Super hero Fancy dress costumes for the drive into France on Friday ? :D Only ten weeks to sort one out ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

It is better to do the costume thing on the Saturday, we have a very early start on the Friday and it means people have time to sort it out before we leave on the Saturday.

I'm also thinking we make it Comic Book heroes as Super Heroes limits it a bit (Batman isnt a Super Hero, he's a vigilante, and Iron Man has no super powers....).

I will try to come up with some awards for the best costumes.