The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear supra boot rubbers?

hazza

Spoke to a colleuge on here a week or two back about moist rear boot, he said the boot rubbers deteriorate over time and gave me a link to Paul whiffing?

I was we'll happy with the price but the pp was well high? Are they based in the uk ?

If not is there a place in the uk? I can't imagine Toyota main dealer being cheap ?

Any help would be mich appreciated cant stand it the noise is driving me mad !

Heard there a bit of pain to replace too :(

I had this issue and paul emailed me, email or PM him.

The website wanted £18 to post a restrictor ring

I know it's like almost as much as the part lol

- - - Updated - - -

local toyota dealer your best bet

Il try them tomorrow how did you do fitting them? :)

not that hard, i broke down the old rubber to expose the capheads, couple of sharp bangs and broke the locktight seal and undid, may have to get mole grips if stubborn. as said toyota dealers are an economical option, i think i paid £30+ for both sets

They *might* not need replacing. One of the rubbers has a channel running underneath it, and help rainwater drain away. This can get blocked with detritus and cause the rainwater to ingress into the boot. By cleaning this channel out you might be able to stop the boot getting wet.

Send Paul a PM or email and he will sort you out. I think he has a minimum delivery cost set up on his website but ask and you will get.

These normally only need changing if you have a rattle.

Cheers il try him by pm,

Oh mate a rattle ain't the word lol it's like the boot ain't even shut haha

I emailed Paul about the postage on these and he will invoice you back a lower postage charge. That was maybe a year ago so would've thought he'd have fixed his system by now. Could be putting buyers off on not just these. Mine fixed the rattle, but the old ones were tough to get out. Worth the effort though.

haha! I agree with you and the tuff part! First side came out a breeze no trouble at all! Then the second side.....well took a good 45 minutes of drilling , a few swear words and a lot of visual engineering and head scratching! But SOOOOO worth it!

and I also agree with you on the other matter - it put me off buyiong online straight away - nearly cost him a sale - but Paul saved the day with his customer service skills.

I rang Paul and he sorted the P&P charge out! Some hic-up on his system I paid £27 all in. and ITS AMAZING!!! No more rattles.

That sounds a lot better!Any chance of copying his number in here :)

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed Paul about the postage on these and he will invoice you back a lower postage charge. That was maybe a year ago so would've thought he'd have fixed his system by now. Could be putting buyers off on not just these. Mine fixed the rattle, but the old ones were tough to get out. Worth the effort though.

Ok so do I just go to pay for them n wait for reply?

• 4 weeks later...

I have just snapped all 4 heads of the screws trying to get these mothers off! So now im left with nothing to grip onto to get the rest of the screw out. has anyone got a spare set or second hand pair for sale as im a bit skint this week and dont want a rattly boot.

I rounded off most (all) of the lower screw heads also. The kit from Paul comes with new screws and all 4 rubber stops. I tore off the lower ones to get access to the screws better and used a Dremel to cut a groove for a flat headed screwdriver to twist the beggers out on their threads. They were glued in by Toyota for extra awkwardness.