The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call, good call! :cool:

Nice.. I'll keep an eye out if you're still working around this way..

Dave your car is reply to this thread, I think it's still hooked up to that laptop at Whifbitz

I am dude :)

Can't wait to see the lights installed Sticky :D:d:d

:D

Lots of boost, lots of fuel and flawless power :)

One positive of the auto is on the motorway you put your right foot down to the floor and just sit and watch the speedo :eyebrows: (obviously while watching the road lol).

It needs a wash now as the front has decided to become a display for the entire fly species lol

Lots of boost, lots of fuel and flawless power :)

One positive of the auto is on the motorway you put your right foot down to the floor and just sit and watch the speedo :eyebrows: (obviously while watching the road lol).

It needs a wash now as the front has decided to become a display for the entire fly species lol

:thumbs: Love it!

I know what you mean about the fly thing - I think I halved the fly population of Wales over the two days of last weekend! :D

Fantastic Thread. Amazing Car. Just kept me busy for the last hour or so. Even stopped midway trough and ordered a center armrest leather cover off "TopGaiters" lol. I like the added touch of blanking the middle brake light, mine has been disconnected since I got it as only a few led's work. :cool:

Fantastic Thread. Amazing Car. Just kept me busy for the last hour or so. Even stopped midway trough and ordered a center armrest leather cover off "TopGaiters" lol. I like the added touch of blanking the middle brake light, mine has been disconnected since I got it as only a few led's work. :cool:

cheers mate :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well thought I should update this as a few things have changed, the following purchases were made and most are currently en-route:

- Big Twins :eyebrows: - Greddy TD05's, unsure on whether to recirculate or not, the setup has a screamer pipe now.

- HRE C93 Wheels - Front 18x9.5, Rear 18x11

- Virtual Works plenum & throttle body

- Custom built turbo back exhaust system

- Brembo F50 front brakes (356mm iirc)

- OEM front mud flaps - for the great price of a bacon roll :D)

And I have reached a decision on the gearbox/diff combo:

- V161 6 speed

- RPS triple carbon clutch & flywheel (thanks to those that let me test clutches today :D) which needs to be purchased

- UK big auto diff (3.538 ratio)

- TRD LSD

It does mean a slight change to the built engine spec but will have a good chat with Lee first about better options etc before it's built :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Nice purchase list mate! Wont want to come up agains you on the street :)

2 comments though:

1. I think your choice of clutch is terrible! I had one of these a few years back and it was noisy as hell (so is my current twin plate) but the main problem is its really stiff and is totally an on off switch. Driving the car round town, in traffic or with a hang over will become miserable.

On a positive note, it does very well with abuse. When running road tyres I used to dump the clutch in 4th to leave 11's down the motorway.

2. Plumbing wastegate back in - Totally a personal choice but I am a firm believer that less is more, an open screamer pipe is just too much IMO.

Well thought I should update this as a few things have changed, the following purchases were made and most are currently en-route:

- Big Twins :eyebrows: - Greddy TD05's, unsure on whether to recirculate or not, the setup has a screamer pipe now.

- V161 6 speed

- RPS triple carbon clutch & flywheel (thanks to those that let me test clutches today :D) which needs to be purchased

- TRD LSD

It does mean a slight change to the built engine spec but will have a good chat with Lee first about better options etc before it's built :)

Yeah baby!!! :D

- V161 6 speed

- TRD LSD

You just won the lotto :/

Nice purchase list mate! Wont want to come up agains you on the street :)

2 comments though:

1. I think your choice of clutch is terrible! I had one of these a few years back and it was noisy as hell (so is my current twin plate) but the main problem is its really stiff and is totally an on off switch. Driving the car round town, in traffic or with a hang over will become miserable.

On a positive note, it does very well with abuse. When running road tyres I used to dump the clutch in 4th to leave 11's down the motorway.

2. Plumbing wastegate back in - Totally a personal choice but I am a firm believer that less is more, an open screamer pipe is just too much IMO.

Cheers dude :)

What sold the clutch for me was Steve's and Jamie's cars both who have said the 'grab' eases over time, and knowing it can take anything I through at it is good to know, but I don't think I can match the 'pig' testing :D

Recirc wise, this kind of links to my custom exhaust, I'm having a modified 4" midpipe where its splits to a 4" cut out for all the noise at the flick of a switch and then a quiet 3" twin box system for the normal route :)

Yeah baby!!! :D

You just won the lotto :/

No dude lol, just after a lot of worrying and hard work a lot is starting to finally pay off :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)