The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little project that I've deciding to take on, I picked up the facelift lights that have been de-lined by Gaz and weren't quite finished. Well with a bit of work there almost there :) (they aren't sealed together yet lol)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=172375&stc=1&d=1373830475

Still need refining to be perfect but that won't take long, will be getting the inserts painted matt black including the rings for a very stealthy look which is inline with how my car is ;)

looking good mate, knew I should have doubled the price... iv been beating myself up for letting these go! :banghead:

Marvellous :D any idea of parts your going for and who's doing the work or not decided yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Just come across a pic of a Supe with black powder coated satin black CCW Classics, keeps with my stealth theme and means that they aren't as bad to clean compared to the polished finished. Very tempted now and with the 17x11.5 315/35 rear fitment it will allow for some awesome grip when adding power... Hmmmmm...

attachment.php?attachmentid=173476&stc=1&d=1376089860

attachment.php?attachmentid=173477&stc=1&d=1376089860

attachment.php?attachmentid=173478&stc=1&d=1376089860

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

I was hoping for the mixed reviews so it would put a bit of perspective on them so cheers guys :)

I am liking them but as Craig said its not a true likeness as my car is stock looking (photoshop people feel free ;) ). Also looking at the pic those wheels have a gloss black lip I would definitely have satin black on the lip and wheel face.

Also Craig saw your Supe up at rich's what you having done?

I was hoping for the mixed reviews so it would put a bit of perspective on them so cheers guys :)

I am liking them but as Craig said its not a true likeness as my car is stock looking (photoshop people feel free ;) ). Also looking at the pic those wheels have a gloss black lip I would definitely have satin black on the lip and wheel face.

Also Craig saw your Supe up at rich's what you having done?

I'm slightly confused as my car is in the bodyshop with a guy called rich! Do you mean me? If so not sure where the Dave has come from unless this is ment for DaveR.

If it was my bodyshop you were at I didn't realise you used them!?

If I'm honest, (shhhhhhhhh) I'm not a fan of CCW Classics :run::hide:

I prefer what you have mate.

+1 Unpopular to say, I know, but I REALLY don't understand the (visual) appeal of the CCWs... :shrug:

You two are banned. :D

Adam, the Classics are great for sure (I would say that ;) ) - though I don't think the satin black finish does anything for them in the slightest. It would have a negative effect on your car given the current setup for sure. Go polished or go for something else IMO :) Though don't go polished, I don't want more people having them :lol: