The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Digital SLR's?

Green Peace

My only bug-bear with my 300D is that when using the multishot function, it will take four pics (not at a particular fast rate) then it needs to save them to the card, then it can take another pic as it saves each pic.

It's probably more when using lower quality modes, but I find it a real pain as I like wanted to take multi shots of race cars coming around a corner and then over-lay them.

However everything else on it, is very good. Add one more vote for the Canon.

The 350 doesnt suffer from that. It has a 14 shot buffer and takes 3 shots a sec. Thats in highest quality Jpeg mode.

However if you buy a fast CF card you can take 3 FPS til the card is full :) again in highest quality Jpeg.

In RAW I have found im limited to around 8 shots.

The 350D seems to get around this.

I use Compact FLash Ultra II and it didn't have any problems with this at Le Mans this year. In fact I was able to wind off 9 or 10 shots at a time at the full 8Mpixel setting and it just kept going.

And the start up time for the 350 is hugely quicker than the 300.

As you've probably read in the reviews, the 350 wasn't an upgraded 300, it's a completely new camera.

To be honest, though, you'll very likely be more than happy with any of these. They're all great cameras.

This is IanC at Le Mans on a shooting range at the funfair. This was taken as part of a stream of about 8 pics on multi-shot in bad light as it was about 3am! I couldn't believe the shutter speeds I could get away with at night around the circuit too.

(Resolution reduced greatly to upload!)

Cool Pic Soop...

Ian should become a Professional hitman!

Well I have had my 350D for a couple of days and...its a pile of crap thanks Guys :nyah: .

Nah Seriously wicked camera...cant believe how good it is for the money, i read some reviews somewhere that some people had a few probs with the Auto-focus, I'm used to focusing manually anyhow..but I think the multozone autofocus is reliable enough and quick enough to be taken seriously on this camera..the qaulity of the LCD screen is excellent.

I was at a BBQ on Saturday night with a mate who is a professional press photographer, he put his expensive pro Digital SLR camera away and started using mine instead hehe.

Its so tempting and easy to use the preset modes..BUT I really have to learn how to shoot in manual mode a bit more :help:

Thanks for the reccomendation...excellent piece of kit.

Si

:ecstatic:

• 3 months later...
I have a Nikon D50 here that I'm quietly considering selling. Anyone interested? It has the Nikor 18-55mm lens with it.

It's worth a few quid isn't it?

Thats a nice camera...I almost bought one of those the only reason I didn't was the fact that I had some EOS lenses.

How much are you looking to sell it for? (I'll ask about this end and see if I know anyone who wants one!)

I think Im right in saying that the big advantage over the Canon is the fact that it uses a CCD rather than a Cmos chip despite being 6 megapixels the picture rendition is better..I actually prefered the Nikon, it came out slightly better in the reviews but the only thing that swayed me towards the Canon was my existing lenses...both very good cameras though well happy with mine!:thumbs:

Thats a nice camera...I almost bought one of those the only reason I didn't was the fact that I had some EOS lenses.

How much are you looking to sell it for? (I'll ask about this end and see if I know anyone who wants one!)

I think Im right in saying that the big advantage over the Canon is the fact that it uses a CCD rather than a Cmos chip despite being 6 megapixels the picture rendition is better..I actually prefered the Nikon, it came out slightly better in the reviews but the only thing that swayed me towards the Canon was my existing lenses...both very good cameras though well happy with mine!:thumbs:

I've just put a post up in the For Sale section. I have no idea about the CCD/CMOS but I do absolutely love the camera.