MarkWs Provocative Supra

Westy

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I was going to simply put my new bolt covers on my passenger side recaro seat...but I have been trying to decide which pair is the better combination as my intention is to get the lesser pair retrimmed. Looking at my passenger side rail I noticed that there was traces of surface rust on the feet, no doubt caused by then not having covers and people getting in the car with wet feet...anyway I couldn't be doing with it!

So out came the passenger seat:

Quick hoover underneath and I went about removing the rails from the base of the seat. I didn't take pictures at this point, but its pretty self explanatory...albeit the hex screws were incredibly tight!

All parts were cleaned, rust treated and resprayed in satin black:

Reassembled:

Building a cinema in the house with Recaros!:D

The lesser of the two passenger seats will be put back in the car in prep for when it goes in for a retrim.

OCD I know!lol!

Makes me sad and jealous :( haha

Jealous maybe, but sad!?:blink:

On another note I seen the other thread regarding covers and noticed that capital seating do replacement bolsters...apparently a 10 minute job to replace one but I am no retrimmer, so could someone explain to me how to remove the cover and expose the bolster to be replaced!?:confused: thanks

Jealous maybe, but sad!?:blink:

On another note I seen the other thread regarding covers and noticed that capital seating do replacement bolsters...apparently a 10 minute job to replace one but I am no retrimmer, so could someone explain to me how to remove the cover and expose the bolster to be replaced!?:confused: thanks

I wouldnt mind knowing this too mine are both collapsed

Westy lad, all paints in the Toyota Paint code chart are available through the company who supplied toyota initially. 1A1 If you ever need it can be purchased through the supplier ;). Little off topic but thought you would like to know.