The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mental bloke on a bike

mikeyb10supra

Walking to work through central london today and what do I see, some crazy bloke flying along weaving in and out of traffic on his bike......no crash helmet and pulling a suitcase behind him steering with one hand......for those of you who have been to london or work here, you know the drivers dont stop for shit!!!! how he was not being taken out by oncoming traffic I do not know he was swerving all over the joint.

sorry for the pointless thread, just thought I share this with everyone

Was there not a statistic at one point that the average life expectancy of a London courier was 9 months!!? I know they used to have the third highest premiums for life insurance in Britain behind bomb disposal guys and the deep sea divers that work on (or under) the rigs.

Yup. Apparently insurance companies rate it second behind the oil rig divers.

The risks of these three jobs (courier/diver/bomb disposal) are huge, but couriers have the highest death and injury rates. Mainly because the other two have lots of professional training involved. To be a courier, you just need a licence.

I was a motorcycle courier for over 3 years. Did almost 100,000 miles a year in all sorts of conditions, seasons and times of day etc. A few times I'd go to London 4 times in the same working day! (From Norwich) And people wonder why I won't ride a bike on the road anymore?

I tell you, I've seen most things on the roads, and I got away with alot of very dodgy manoeuvres to get myself out of trouble at times. I think I've probably used up most of my allocation of luck! (Although I did keep a clean licence and in the 3 accidents I had was never badly injured)

I'll get a bike for track days at some point though!! :tongue: