The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

matt black isnt my cup of tea but im sure it'll look the part! please spray the spark plug cover something other than yellow :p and pleaseeeee just get it finished already mannnnn...i wanna see it :D

Lol I just sprayed them parts for a laugh they will go whatever colour the car is eventually :) And im hoping to finish in the next few weeks not alot to do now just waiting for parts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats not good enough....i demand satisfaction!

edit: just been looking at matt cars on the web and i think its gonna look sick. proper stealth like :)

Ok Dave! :D

I know, I must admit it would look shocking with the stock look but with my body it will definately look menacing imo :eyebrows:

Did you use iluminus paint on the yellow wow its bright,

I quite like the matte black in the engine bay aslong as you brighten it with some shiney, im not sure on the exterior of the car in matte yet, but will wait to see the finished example before i give my opinion onit,

good work so far though dude

Did you use iluminus paint on the yellow wow its bright,

I quite like the matte black in the engine bay aslong as you brighten it with some shiney, im not sure on the exterior of the car in matte yet, but will wait to see the finished example before i give my opinion onit,

good work so far though dude

It doesnt actually seem that bright in person lol must be the camera...

Imo an engine bay should be matte black unless its a show car! My idea was to blacken out all the engine acilleries so im left with the beauty of the engine standing out with some polished parts. Im sure it will look awesome when finished mate and if not i'll just change the colour anyway :D

WOW just read the whole tread. You have done some amazing work there dude

Love the effort and work you have put in the car.

Have you done all this work your self??

Cheers dude! Yeah I have done all the work myself with just the help of this forum and some kind members so thanks :)

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Please just take that spark plug cover and fuse box cover off and spray them I dont think I can stand seeing one more picture with them that colour:p coming along nicely now mate:thumbs:

Lol cheers mate and I know I will, I was thinking of doing the car yellow thats why there that colour. I'll probably get a carbon one or just black.

getting there kaan, just need to polish up that inlet! and go carbon for you engine bay ;) asked keron about a fan shroud?

Yeah I will eventually mate but for the moment my plans are just getting it looking acceptable and drivable :) I have a wanted thread but tbh I might be getting srd twin fans in the new year so not too fussed.

Any more progress pics of the body fella ?

Not yet bud but the next pics should be the finished product :)

not feeling that engine bay or colour!, i admire the work your doing though....

Me neither lol, tbh im just happy its nearly in working order and trying to get it on the road before christmas. Once the cars running then I can start tarting it up a bit. Im still unsure about the colour as matte will be a nightmare to maintain so I might go for a glossy light colour. Quite like the yellow at the moment used on the new clio.

I still think red will look hot! or gunmetal would look awesome... not my car though :D. Yeah everything takes time and money, not worth doing thousand things at once, getting it on the road again is most important

Yeah thats it, ive hardly driven the car! It was just to neutralise the engine bay as black will go with any colour as im undecided still.

One of my neighbours has a V6 Clio in that colour. Looks awesome! :)

Theres one parked round the corner from me, its hard to picture what it would look like on a supra but think it will look nice and really make the arches stand out alot more than a dark colour. I do prefur my bright colours I just didnt wanna go with white.

mplavery's supra is in liquid yellow!

:wtf:Everytime I think of something that will look nice it seems its already been done! He even has the same kit as me! Im running out of ideas and getting quite annoyed to be honest....

I think I should do what I think looks best and settle for what I want otherwise im never gunno finish this car. To be honest theres nothing like this where I live and im not trying to build a completely unique show car I just want my baby back on the road and looking half decent.

And mplavery if I do decide to go liquid yellow I never even saw your car before Rob said about the colour so im not copying you this is just how I visualised my supra...

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)