The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very good work, i love the color and smoothing the engine compartment

I will nevertheless come over for ethanol mapping later this year....let's try to meet then ;)

Yeah definitely mate :thumbs:

Beautiful color Kaan, amazing!! hope to see you somewhere at an event this year!

Cheers Dane I will try to make as many events as possible, will certainly be up for a day at the pod when it's done.

Awesome work Kaan, I like the look of those catches. Fancy fitting them on mine :innocent:

Cheers Mark, they're a great addition for that little bit of safety. Just make sure you get the locking ones if you remove the stock locking mechanism like I have :)

Cheers Mark, they're a great addition for that little bit of safety. Just make sure you get the locking ones if you remove the stock locking mechanism like I have :)

Lol, I should have written, Do you fancy fitting them on mine as they look a right pita to fit to a stock bonnet. I like the look of the carbon ones for mine :D

Lol, I should have written, Do you fancy fitting them on mine as they look a right pita to fit to a stock bonnet. I like the look of the carbon ones for mine :D

Haha I did wonder if you was asking me or not :D They are a pita one of the worst jobs I've done mate, not so much hard just terrifying cutting a hole in a freshly painted car! But once your car's running I would be happy to lend a hand if you bring the car to me :)

I took a trip up to SRD today to drop of most of the parts needed to finish the engine. lee and I had a chat about the rest of the build and turbo choice ;) and some other features that will all be revealed as it coming together, exciting :D

Meanwhile I have some aeroquip stainless brake lines and fittings on their way to me for the relocation of the lines and should tidy the bay up a bit. Once this is done I can put the heater matrix and the dash etc back in and that will pretty much be the car ready to take to SRD to have the rest of the work done.

Still on schedule for July fingers crossed! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not alot to update as ive been ill, again! But I have the Aeroquip hose and fittings for the brakes and started making the lines up and test fitting everything.

Box of goodies :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=182548&stc=1&d=1395695107

Started with the two bulkhead fittings for the rear brakes and the front passenger side brake -

attachment.php?attachmentid=182559&stc=1&d=1395695382

attachment.php?attachmentid=182549&stc=1&d=1395695107

The third port you see is for the front drivers side brake which goes straight down into the wheel well, I will get round to this one after ive completed the rest.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182550&stc=1&d=1395695107

attachment.php?attachmentid=182551&stc=1&d=1395695107

attachment.php?attachmentid=182552&stc=1&d=1395695107

On the other side of the bay by the passenger footwell you can see the newly routed copper pipe where it comes through and Tee's off onto the back brakes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182556&stc=1&d=1395695242

attachment.php?attachmentid=182557&stc=1&d=1395695242

How it looks inside the cabin, from bulkhead fittings copper runs below the heater matrix and behind the ecu plate into the engine bay which you saw on the picture above. Bearing in mind there will be a second copper pipe taking the same route but exiting a bit further along into the passenger wheel area for that brake.

If you look close at the top right of the picture you can see where the two bulkead 90 degree fittings come through, they still need connecting up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182558&stc=1&d=1395695242

Thats the rear brake lines almost sorted next will be the two fronts :)

DSC_9457.jpg

DSC_9482.jpg

DSC_9483.jpg

DSC_9485.jpg

DSC_9487.jpg

DSC_9488.jpg

DSC_9484.jpg

DSC_9489.jpg

DSC_9490.jpg

DSC_9480.jpg

Cheers Luc, it feels like I'm forever waiting for parts and time just seems to go by so fast. I really hope it's finished for the summer.

So do I. I will come back around July to get the 1400cc ASNU's fitted and the Supra remapped on ethanol. I hope your beast is finished by then.

Are you decided on what turbo to go for yet?

So do I. I will come back around July to get the 1400cc ASNU's fitted and the Supra remapped on ethanol. I hope your beast is finished by then.

Are you decided on what turbo to go for yet?

We my have to meet then mate as mine should be finished and due for mapping in July :)

I have been speaking with Lee on turbo choice but nothings definite, I'll update when it actually arrives ;)

Edit: It does involve using solid engine mounts though :taped:

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

We my have to meet then mate as mine should be finished and due for mapping in July :)

I have been speaking with Lee on turbo choice but nothings definite, I'll update when it actually arrives ;)

Edit: It does involve using solid engine mounts though :taped:

You're going for a 1000+bhp monster then :)

Brake hoses looking good mate, looks familiar :)

You may want to put some heat resistant sleeve on those by the brake booster, hot exhaust and turbo are quite close. Ask Lee what he thinks, I put it on mine as the twins seem a lot closer than a single.

Thanks mate :thumbs: I did wonder whether it's worth putting sleeving on but then again the oem pipes were roughly in that position and seemed to be ok. I'll most probably heat sleeve the line that goes downwards into the drivers front brake as this may get a little hot. All in all its coming along ok :)