The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely new brake master cylinder! Your old one was great too! :)

Awesome progress this! i remember messaging you on instagram asking what kit you had on your car haha, and i eventually bought myself a supra, and your guide price was exact! haha.

Keep up the good work, amazing!

Oh really!? What's your instagram name I'll have a look :)

Cheers dude :thumbs:

Cracking build mate I have gone back to the beginning I started reading it again and looking at what you did rear archs, with the power your going to be pushing I think you might get some rubbing issues when it squats as looks like you may not of trimmed enough back,

His the pic from when I did Chris did you remove the shock and jack the wheel right up to the stop?,

Cheers mate, unfortunately I didn't and I have been concerned about it not being able to squat enough which is why I went for the widest possible tire for traction. For the road it will be ok hopefully, if it scrubs on the road I'll rip the arches off and start again or cut more material off underneath :)

Cheers mate, unfortunately I didn't and I have been concerned about it not being able to squat enough which is why I went for the widest possible tire for traction. For the road it will be ok hopefully, if it scrubs on the road I'll rip the arches off and start again or cut more material off underneath :)

Are thats a pain after all your work mate[emoji17] maybe you could raise the rear half inch or so to give you a little room to play with [emoji3].

Are thats a pain after all your work mate[emoji17] maybe you could raise the rear half inch or so to give you a little room to play with [emoji3].

I know mate if it comes to it I can always get the spanners out at the strip and jack the rear right up, apart from that it's gunno have to be at its stiffest setting for road use. Or I'll put my old 315s back on as they were fine :)

Do you really think that you need to go wider than 315?

Iirc, Jamie had better traction on 315 than on 335 on the black beast.

I'm not sure to be honest Luc, the way I see it 345 would give better traction than 315. The width is fine I can still take the 20mm spacer off if needed. It's the height of them with 27mm more radius than my 315s so lifting the rear 30-40mm should give it sufficient clearance?

I'll get Lee to remove the coilover and see how far up the wheel goes into the arch.

With the amount of power you're going to have to play with, the equation between "how you want it to look" and "how you want it to behave", depends on "how long you want to remain alive".

Not really, there's a proper way of doing everything I just haven't done it yet.

Oil cooler and power steering coolers in place. Plenty of room and plenty of cold air going to them.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=198203&d=1425313574

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=198204&d=1425313632

IMG-20150223-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20150223-WA0006.jpg

i must say your learning curve on this thread is massive.

I used to see some of the things you did and thing OMG your insane just do the job once right..............HOWEVER what you have SRD doing is brilliant, No cutting corners not that they would and i must give you credit where credit is due this is going to be one amazing car.

Well done mate.

i must say your learning curve on this thread is massive.

I used to see some of the things you did and thing OMG your insane just do the job once right..............HOWEVER what you have SRD doing is brilliant, No cutting corners not that they would and i must give you credit where credit is due this is going to be one amazing car.

Well done mate.

Thanks mate, I have learnt a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience during this build and can feel 100% confident in the work that's been done by SRD.

With every single last thing taken into account with this build it should sure see me a whole long future of fun and excitement!

Very nice mate I take it the coolers will be fully ducktide so the air goes though them and not over them ?

Cheers Matt, they don't need it. With the air ducts in the do luck front anyway there's more than enough air travelling though those coolers.