The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

It looks much better without the Koala's nose. :)

You and that koalas nose! Lol. Thanks :)

Wow massive improvement was never a fan of the last colour. You've nailed it this time though.

However a Whifbitz front and for it to remain spoilerless would make this car perfect in my opinion.

I was debating a whifbitz front I think it would suit the car perfectly. Thanks I'm much happier with the new colour.

Very nice colour choice, good job on the engine bay as well. Must have taken allot of time but end result is beautiful :thumbs:

Thanks Jay, it did seem to go on forever but it's definitely payed off. I would love to get a picture in the future next to yours :cool: Your car's been a big inspiration on my build :thumbs:

Edited by Kaan W
spellin mestake (see edit history)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you done more work to the front arches? They look a lot smoother to the stock wings than before, but it may just be the colour that makes it look that way.

Great colour choice Kaan, looks awesome out in the sun :cool:

Oh, and if you are going spoilerless.......what's happening with your old TRD wing? ;)

Did I mention I hate you? :p Looks awesome mate, TRD spoiler going on?

You love me really :D Going spoilerless mate.

Have you done more work to the front arches? They look a lot smoother to the stock wings than before, but it may just be the colour that makes it look that way.

Great colour choice Kaan, looks awesome out in the sun :cool:

Oh, and if you are going spoilerless.......what's happening with your old TRD wing? ;)

Thanks mate this new colour has alot of different shades to it, the whole car has had some fine tuning to the bodywork as there were some slight imperfections that were bugging me. Much happier with the outcome this time :)

The TRD spoiler has been sprayed just incase I decide to use it again one day :D

Results are stunning.

Thanks Luc :thumbs:

You love me really :D Going spoilerless mate.

Thanks mate this new colour has alot of different shades to it, the whole car has had some fine tuning to the bodywork as there were some slight imperfections that were bugging me. Much happier with the outcome this time :)

The TRD spoiler has been sprayed just incase I decide to use it again one day :D

Thanks Luc :thumbs:

haha, yes I do ;)

never gonna tell anyone that though am I :p

Oh nice one mate! Carbon lip on the boot or nothing?

haha, yes I do ;)

never gonna tell anyone that though am I :p

Oh nice one mate! Carbon lip on the boot or nothing?

Jeeez do you read anything!! :p

Wow looks great !

Cheers bud!

All that done at kent car craft? How did you find them?

The unit opposite kcc done it mate. They're good over there alot of experience behind those guys.

Aww those guys, yeah i buy all the paint from them, nice booth they have.

You free next weekend? mine is home now just needs a bit of tinkering?

Yeah it's not bad at all for a local place :D

I'm not sure as ive been working most weekends but if you need a hand with anything pop round bud.

Of course I don't I've only just got in from work and am waiting for top gear to roll onto my TV screen with a beer at this present moment :D

Ahh I'll let you off then :D

I will give you a text, just be nice to have another set of eyes and ears when i fire her up first time

Yeah no worries bud I'm in most evenings just give us a shout and I'll come over. Nice to see it's been sorted out :thumbs:

Think this car is a perfect example of how important colour choice is. the car looked great before but the new colour has transformed it imo. Looks a million times better, look forward to seeing it all back together.

Thanks I'm glad I made the right decision this time :)

Never thought I'd say this about a purple car. But that looks the nuts mate. Very nice

Purple? I suppose it does look kind of purple in that light as its a pearl colour, looks black at night though ha.

Get some clear 3m helicopter tape and fit round the wheel arches, it comes

in different widths and thickness's and will save your arches from stone chips.

When fitted you'd never know it was there :)

Thanks Dnk have you got a link where I can get this? I got told about this before but didn't know what it was called.

Looks stunning mate, well done :thumbs:

Thanks mate getting there now :)

Just google "helicopter tape" and should give you plenty of results. other companies also

do similar product.

I made paper templates first then cut the tape to match and used a hot air gun carefully

to help mold it round any tricky bits, a nice sharp scalpel is worth getting

I can't recall where we got ours from, might have been through one of our paint/materials

suppliers.

Just google "helicopter tape" and should give you plenty of results. other companies also

do similar product.

I made paper templates first then cut the tape to match and used a hot air gun carefully

to help mold it round any tricky bits, a nice sharp scalpel is worth getting

I can't recall where we got ours from, might have been through one of our paint/materials

suppliers.

Nice one I'll have a look, I remember seeing an old Porsche not long ago that had this on the rear arch, I noticed straight away as it had gone a horrible yellow colour lol. I suppose this was standard on Porsches back then or an aftermarket product. If newer products dont yellow or fade then I will look into fitting some.

I take it this will rip the paint off if you wanted to remove?

Not if the cars been painted properly and you remove the tape correctly.

I'm not on about putting it on the outside but around the inner edge of the arch, it wont

go yellow there as it wont be in the sun.

As shown in the pics and in the same area on the rear arch's

P1000350.jpg

DSCF0735.JPG

Car is ready to bring home tomorrow, I had the windows re fitted today with new genuine Toyota seals and the rest of the door trim will be fitted tomorrow. I gave the windows a good clean before they went in, the amount of grime that collects round the edges and under the seal on the door glass :shock:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180325&stc=1&d=1391542545

attachment.php?attachmentid=180326&stc=1&d=1391542545

A final polish after the windows went back in and she's looking beautiful :love:

attachment.php?attachmentid=180327&stc=1&d=1391542545

attachment.php?attachmentid=180328&stc=1&d=1391542545

attachment.php?attachmentid=180329&stc=1&d=1391542545

attachment.php?attachmentid=180330&stc=1&d=1391542566

attachment.php?attachmentid=180331&stc=1&d=1391542566

attachment.php?attachmentid=180332&stc=1&d=1391542566

DSC_9329.jpg

DSC_9330.jpg

IMG-20140204-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20140204-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20140204-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20140204-WA0005.jpg