The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been busy trying to get most of the engine bay done today and managed to get the passenger side pretty much into shape. Im not working on it until next week now as im too busy so I gave it some coats of primer to stop any moisture getting to the filler. Quite impressed with how its looking so I thought I would take some pics :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=177661&stc=1&d=1385569687

attachment.php?attachmentid=177662&stc=1&d=1385569687

attachment.php?attachmentid=177663&stc=1&d=1385569687

attachment.php?attachmentid=177664&stc=1&d=1385569687

attachment.php?attachmentid=177665&stc=1&d=1385569687

DSC_9156.jpg

DSC_9158.jpg

DSC_9159.jpg

DSC_9160.jpg

DSC_9161.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

I have been busy trying to get most of the engine bay done today and managed to get the passenger side pretty much into shape. Im not working on it until next week now as im too busy so I gave it some coats of primer to stop any moisture getting to the filler. Quite impressed with how its looking so I thought I would take some pics :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177661&stc=1&d=1385569687

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177662&stc=1&d=1385569687

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177663&stc=1&d=1385569687

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177664&stc=1&d=1385569687

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=177665&stc=1&d=1385569687

:drool:

Can't wait till the engine is back in next year and maybe one time get to see it on the bluewater meet.

That is looking fantastic mate, well done. I thought about going to that extreme when I was doing mine, but it stayed a thought as I'd spent enough hours on it as it was :)

Will look fantastic when its got its top coat :thumbs:

Thanks mate, it does seem to take forever but I'm glad it's finally taking shape. I cant do anymore now until the dash is out to remove the brake servo but I should have it in its top coat by Christmas :)

i must admit as well kaan this looks fantastic. I will be going 3.4 as well. Hopefully we meet up as well. keep up all the good work. Really shows your dedication to this car after all the problems you had, I hope you are proud every time you see it. It will be a monster.

3.4 is definitely worth it on a high hp supra to get the extra torque down low. It was problematic but it will be near enough a brand new car when I'm finished. Thanks for the kind words :.thumbs:

Oooooo, baby yeahhhhh.

:eyebrows:

Wow, looks impressive:P

:drool:

Can't wait till the engine is back in next year and maybe one time get to see it on the bluewater meet.

I cant wait either :ecstatic: I will definitely be at the Bluewater next yeah :cool:

Right that's is I'm making a stand.

I like this project and this car must go manual! I don't care what you auto homos/old boys say.

Soooo let's club together to buy kaan a 6 speed I'll start

1) skippboyo1 £3

Seriously though, real dedication here. I've been away from the forum for abit and it seems you have learned lots in that time. Well done and keep up the good work!

Different this car and "different is cool"

Thumbs up from me (bar the box)

Awesome work Kaan.

Thanks Luc :)

Isn't primer porous

It is but the car is in a heated garage and should be ok mate. Its better than nothing though.

coming along nicely Kaan

Nice work, very smooth.

Thanks chaps :)

Looks great mate. I think you were spot on with your idea of changing the colour. Something with a bit more sparkle/shine would look perfect on your car IMO. Not saying it doesn't look nice now but I think you could add something special to the colour :)

If you're planning to change the colour, it'll give you the opportunity to sort out the rear tyre rubbing and lose the koala's nose.

Still not sure on the change yet, I might just get the bay sorted and leave it for a while. Ive sorted the tyre rubbing issues David by lifting the rear up a little, feels alot better now.

Right that's is I'm making a stand.

I like this project and this car must go manual! I don't care what you auto homos/old boys say.

Soooo let's club together to buy kaan a 6 speed I'll start

1) skippboyo1 £3

Seriously though, real dedication here. I've been away from the forum for abit and it seems you have learned lots in that time. Well done and keep up the good work!

Different this car and "different is cool"

Thumbs up from me (bar the box)

Haha I might buy a 6 speed kit and leave it aside just to annoy everyone :D To be honest though mate I would love to go 6 speed also, and I probably will too! I just wanna see what the autobox has to offer with some real power behind it and achieve some nice figures down the strip first. Thanks for the kind words, this is the thing I look forward to doing each day and building something ive always wanted and thats what keeps me dedicated :)

Fantastic update, had no idea you were making such huge changes! Looking forward to the updates!

Cheers Abz, will be a total transformation of the car when completed.

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Amazing kaan ! Like where this go . Going to be a weapon ;)

Cheers buddy :thumbs:

Ive booked the car in for its respray over Christmas, maybe get it undersealed too before everything gets put back together. Just a few more days on the engine bay and she's ready :)