The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kaan's SRD1000S - 3.4 Stroked Wide Body Project!

Kaan W

Well I got the turbo back together and the oil feed/return and water feed on but came accross another problem. The water return fitting is completely ruined and shouldnt of ever been used in the first place, basically it had some kind of sealent holding together what looked like a severely crossed thread. Theres no time to order a new one before monday so im gunno have to make one out of some fittings and hose I found in the garage.

Heres the new and old oil return anyway, the old one is completely shot and again shouldnt have been used in the first place!

attachment.php?attachmentid=165799&stc=1&d=1363118567

DSC02935.jpg

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that new oil return going to fit?

Yeah its all on now just need to fit another water return. The old one was far too long in the first place.

The oil return is so tight its wedged inbetween the exhaust manifold and compressor outlet, its the only way it can go but ive heat sleeved the braided hose I just hope its enough.

I really would cancel the mapping and get your issues sorted properly mate, I know I sound like an old nag but I do think you are asking for trouble and I would hate to see you post a thread with major issues due to fudged repairs

I would have but I emailed Ryan nearly 2 weeks ago now saying that I had problems but he said its too late to cancel. Ive been working flat out on top of work aswel to get this sorted and its nearly finished I just need to make some kind of water return.

Ive got the correct hose and fittings for the job but the hose is an old size and is a real pita to cram into the modern fittings. I need time to get my head around it but tomorrow is another day and nothing is impossible so fingers crossed.

I would have but I emailed Ryan nearly 2 weeks ago now saying that I had problems but he said its too late to cancel. Ive been working flat out on top of work aswel to get this sorted and its nearly finished I just need to make some kind of water return.

Ive got the correct hose and fittings for the job but the hose is an old size and is a real pita to cram into the modern fittings. I need time to get my head around it but tomorrow is another day and nothing is impossible so fingers crossed.

You should not have any lines pushed against the manifold, especially oil, it's an accident waiting to happen wrapped or not, then you still have the rough running as well, could a tuner not look at it for you

You should not have any lines pushed against the manifold, especially oil, it's an accident waiting to happen wrapped or not, then you still have the rough running as well, could a tuner not look at it for you

Its the only way it can go because its such a small turbo everything real tight, no matter what way the turbo is turned it has to go through the gap between the compressor outlet and manifold theres no other way. Thats how the old line ran also :conf: The rough running aint that bad but im just picky, it can still be mapped ok but from now to then leaves little time to find someone to look at it.

Right ive just managed to get everything in working order for Monday. The braided hose is due to come Tuesday which is too late but ive gone for some standard 20Bar air compressor hose which works just as well and then I can just swap in the braided hose after the mappings done. Just went for a quick spin and everythings running on par.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165803&stc=1&d=1363118853

DSC02947.jpg

weird idle issue resolved? Good to hear :)

Strangly enough yeah. I honestly cant tell you what it was tho whether it was oil or water slowly leaking and the syvecs was picking it up resulting in some kind of changes or as mentioned before that I switched fuels. :shrug:

Seems ok now tho.

Edit: Vac line from dump valve came off but I sourced a clip to hold it on now :)

That oil line is too close, those heat protective covers are not ment for contact.

Can you take a pic from a little further back from above the suspension turret to show routing more clearly?

Edit: what hose material inside the braid?

That oil line is too close, those heat protective covers are not ment for contact.

Can you take a pic from a little further back from above the suspension turret to show routing more clearly?

Edit: what hose material inside the braid?

I know it is a little close for my liking too but I just cant understand how else I can route it. The braided hose is the standard type as thats all I had and the teflon lined stuff had to be ordered which will come tuesday. I will get some better pics tomorrow.

I was thinking could I not just strap some heat protective material to the exhaust manifold to last me until the mapping on tuesday?

Edit: Replaced for Teflon which has thinner walls than the standard rubber so there is plenty of clearance now even with the Goodridge insulating sleeve on.

ya well i have same wide archs mine are a bit wider in the front slightly ... my front bumper is black in the middle my diffuser is the same on the rear look at my new member thread ....

Yeah its the exact same kit just my side skirts are blitz not VS. I have them arches on the front too but mine are blended in as is the whole kit which takes the sharp contours off which is why it probably looks narrower. Nice colour tho :thumbs: