The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys..i think i may know who this paul brown is..

several years ago i bought a car from a company in bham called showcars. Trying to get an appointment to view it was interesting and after several addresses later i was directed to a warehouse in digbeth. nothing was written on the outside but hell there were alot of cars inside..some spot on..some pretty poor :(. The guy and his minions were all indian/aisian and trying to get a straight answer from them was impossible..although they had keys there was no log book..documents..tax or SVA check. They assured me theyd get the details. 8 weeks later and several phonecalls he eventually produced the goods and i drove away in a fantastic example..two weeks later i rang him about a car for a freind only to have an indian guy tell me to piss of he doesnt know what im on about..on further investigation the company turned out to be fradulant and theyd all done a runner down south..winsor or buckinghamshire id heard. The guy use to call himself Sherri

I think the pics are trying to prove it was never rolled.

The seam the seal sits on is twisted, I've worked on hundreds of cars in that specific area (Including an S15) and that is not normal.

Plus, it looks like there's a weld spot in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

1. You've done 50 posts and jump to his defence

2. That picture does not show where it is, it's a yard with some imports in.

3. Where's the unit with the other 5 cars in it?

4. That overhead view on google maps doesn't show any cars in a yard. So much for having loads of cars?

Don't mean this aggressively or harshly as that isn't me, but this is what the facts look like :-/

Jump to his defence, maybe you might want to read some of those post I'm in no way defending this guy, quite the opposite. I have purchased from them though and have merely relaid facts, and backed them up with evidence on numerous occasions. The unit with 5 cars in it was behind me when taking the photo's at the top of the ramp I am stood on. I suspect the photo on google is quite old when this outfit were known as platinum auto's/ boys toyz or bargain cars direct.

So that will put to bed the fact that we were trying to sell a car thats been rolled.

As you can see from the pics that there has been NO damage to the roof.

Do we still have any doubters???

Hmmm there are still doubters:

The seam the seal sits on is twisted, I've worked on hundreds of cars in that specific area (Including an S15) and that is not normal.

I happen to agree with his statement

Jump to his defence, maybe you might want to read some of those post I'm in no way defending this guy, quite the opposite. I have purchased from them though and have merely relaid facts, and backed them up with evidence on numerous occasions. The unit with 5 cars in it was behind me when taking the photo's at the top of the ramp I am stood on. I suspect the photo on google is quite old when this outfit were known as platinum auto's/ boys toyz or bargain cars direct.

Just doesn't look like this is the right place that's all... My facts were right though minus you jumping to his defence completely though ;)

guys..i think i may know who this paul brown is..

several years ago i bought a car from a company in bham called showcars. Trying to get an appointment to view it was interesting and after several addresses later i was directed to a warehouse in digbeth. nothing was written on the outside but hell there were alot of cars inside..some spot on..some pretty poor :(. The guy and his minions were all indian/aisian and trying to get a straight answer from them was impossible..although they had keys there was no log book..documents..tax or SVA check. They assured me theyd get the details. 8 weeks later and several phonecalls he eventually produced the goods and i drove away in a fantastic example..two weeks later i rang him about a car for a freind only to have an indian guy tell me to piss of he doesnt know what im on about..on further investigation the company turned out to be fradulant and theyd all done a runner down south..winsor or buckinghamshire id heard. The guy use to call himself Sherri

LOL dont be pathetic mate.

Heres me

Just doesn't look like this is the right place that's all... My facts were right though minus you jumping to his defence completely though ;)

I can only comment on the place that I bought my car from (Paul Brown Cars) so it is the right place (one of many perhaps, heard they move a lot!), I have photo's because took one last shot of my old jag on exchange.

From earlier in the thread

Why you have you dismissed the engine rebuild warranty earlier in this thread?

Why don't you defend yourself on the MLR? There's at least a dozen threads on there warning members against you.

Why are there persistent claims of bad customer service? Phones not answered, e-mails not replied to, can't arrange viewings etc

Why do you operate "bait and switch" tactics even though these are outlawed? (Promoting a desirable car only for it to be sold and then being offered a inferior substitute)

Any comment on the Yellow S15 claims?

Any proof to the claim you sell 10 times more than the competition? This is reckoned to be around 1200 units a year

Why is your company dissolved at Companies House?

Why has no-one ever met Paul Brown?

You don't need any scans/photos' to answer these genuine questions. Hopefully the answers will reassure genuine customers as to how your business transacts with its customers and secures it's stock.

I'm sure other people may have questions that they would be interested to have answered

Ok has that put lots of rumours to rest???

That is certainly the place I bought my UK spec from, think there are some members wanting to know why Bargain Cars direct came up on my bank statement? Also nice to put a face to the name, never had the pleasure of meeting you.

Don't be too hard on him, he works until 2.30 am!

You would think though, that one of the most important things on his "to do" list would be to defend his company against the points levelled in this thread.

I think you find the word is 'quitely confident' if your not guilty you dont have to start a panic and defend yourself ;)

Wow! This made for a super interesting read! I have been to the address where the picture of 'Paul' is taken! In-fact I rode at an event at the BMX shop just past your premises! and got a decent Subway from just up the road! I will say that the dude has ALOT of cars there! The 'showroom' how ever was not a show room - more of an empty space at the ttime with some work going on. You had a pretty sweet white dodge charger if I remember correctly!

As for rthe PDQ and rolling the car - I have no say!

Ok has that put lots of rumours to rest???

It's a good effort I will give you that Paul. What about the this one though.

Are you related to the great James Brown?

There are still a number of questions about the quality of your cars and sales tactics. I for one appreciate that there are always to sides to any argument.