The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How did you choose you username?

Jake

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine comes from a character in a book (not the biblical reference, I'm atheist) by Robert.A.Heinlien. When your looking for a user name on a board I tend to look down the members lists to see what sort of other names come up and see if anything relating to me has already been taken, for instance my initials are C.J. but thats already gone, so had most others, so I chose something completely "left of field" which has some meaning to me (I won't go into that on a public forum). I use this monika everywhere (even the cat is called it!!) and I answer to it quite readily, its just an "Also Known As" now.

Plus its pretty much guarateed that you won't confuse me with someone else on the board with a similar user name. ;)

Mine comes from a character in a book (not the biblical reference, I'm atheist) by Robert.A.Heinlien. When your looking for a user name on a board I tend to look down the members lists to see what sort of other names come up and see if anything relating to me has already been taken, for instance my initials are C.J. but thats already gone, so had most others, so I chose something completely "left of field" which has some meaning to me (I won't go into that on a public forum). I use this monika everywhere (even the cat is called it!!) and I answer to it quite readily, its just an "Also Known As" now.

Plus its pretty much guarateed that you won't confuse me with someone else on the board with a similar user name. ;)

I've got a hard drive called Lazarus because it took me 3 days to recover it back into life :)

I'll get me coat.

-Ian

I've used mine ever since I joined a forum for a band called The Go-Go's many years ago; 'Lust To Love' is my favourite song of theres. The username has stuck with me over the years and now I even have a 'L UST' numberplate, which I think is very apt for a supra.

:looney:

Somebody shoot me !

Yeah, thanks for that.

I went though a particularly unpleasant end-of-relationship breakup when I was a student several years ago. I must confess to finding a certain solace at the time in the escapism of the Star Wars universe! You'll be pleased to know I don't read these books anymore. (Although I'm still fairly geeky by nature. :p )

Yeah, thanks for that.

I went though a particularly unpleasant end-of-relationship breakup when I was a student several years ago. I must confess to finding a certain solace at the time in the escapism of the Star Wars universe! You'll be pleased to know I don't read these books anymore. (Although I'm still fairly geeky by nature. :p )