The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blue Smoke

fordy_alexsupra

Yeah. I had mine like that for a few years before I was getting about twice as much as that. then I had them done.

Won't do any harm its just a bit of oil seeping though that gets burnt off on startup.just keep an eye on your oil levels, but it will need doing eventually.

My only concern would be how much extra carbon build up you'll get if left for years.

If you do the job by removing the head then it's not a problem as you would pop

all the valves out and clean everything up etc, if you do it using compressed air

or the indian rope trick then you can't.

If you have the spare cash or skill to do it yourself i'd do it sooner rather than later,

especially if you leave the head on

I have the same issue and have had for over a year.

It's not getting any worse and it will be a head off job at Whifbitz. At least £1k.

Chris Wilson will do it using the rope trick for considerably less and will be doing mine when they need doing.

SteveL ran his race car for a complete season in time attack a few years ago with this problem with no consequences.

I know how you feel, it's not nice seeing the smoke on start up and it looks worse when you have side exit exhausts, believe me!

At least you know the pistons are well lubricated on start up!

My only concern would be how much extra carbon build up you'll get if left for years.

If you do the job by removing the head then it's not a problem as you would pop

all the valves out and clean everything up etc, if you do it using compressed air

or the indian rope trick then you can't.

If you have the spare cash or skill to do it yourself i'd do it sooner rather than later,

especially if you leave the head on

Totally agree with you there Dunk. IMO, the only correct way to do this is to remove the head. If the seals are old enough to weep oil then odds are the carbon build up would be quite substantial.

Saying that, I'd leave it as is, until it gets worse. Don't forget, a very small bit of oil looks a massive amount when it becomes smoke.