The mkiv Supra Owners Club

apr carbon cooling plate wont fit?

p3te

Mine was not a great fit at all, none of the bolts lined up and it was tough trying to get the bonnet stay catch to fit through the hole. Once I done that its so tight in there I don't need to have bolts holding it down... In fact it's going to be an ASS to get out again if need be lol

I did not have trouble with the AC pipes though

Yep had some trouble too with the fitment, but after a few good looks i found that it was hitting the mounting bracket of the radiator overflow bottle, relocated the bottle, got rid of the bracket (saved me some weight too);) Have close look to everything what is mounted in that area, maybe your claxon is hitting the plate too.

I've fitted two now without issue. they can be slightly fiddly with the bonnet stay catch but these can be removed and popped in after.

Looks to me that you aircon pipes might have been moved up to allow your FMIC to fit. Thus putting them in the way of the cooling plate. Look to see if they can be moved down slightly.

That's a real shame. You would think it wouldn't do this to the aircon pipework. Greddy do an air diversion plate so you would assume they would make it all fit correctly. The only thing I can think to do woul be to have a bracket made which allows you to lower the intercooler slightly?

Its hitting the air con pipe so bad it looks like the only way it will fit is to drill like a 20.. Hole for it to slot over, I don't want it to crack or frey the edges tho

Undo the A/C bracket and gently push the pipe down out the way. It will bend no problems. Well enough to fit the plate anyways. If you don't want to try it, fetch it over and I'll have a look at it for you.

Mine was a poor fit too, loads of time with a file, didn't fit around headlights either end and holes didn't line up. Looks good now but if these are meant to be the best then I'd hate to fit a 'cheap' one.

Yes this was exactly the case with mine too, dunk had to file the bits mentioned above for mine too.

Got mine from Paul at Whifbitz, sent him a PM after all the messing to get mine to fit and he said he hadn't heard of any problems with the many he has sold and he'll pass on the info to apr. I know 100% my car is straight at the front so good to see others had the same grief with fitting.

My only worry is that any warranty relating to the finish going milky etc. is probably void as we've all had to take material off/modify to get them to fit, not good, however I tried to seal the filed edges after with some touch up lacquer.

I have had two, both went straight on, just bought another and hoping its a good fit.

Must be a later mould that's shite then?

Took me hours of tweaking to get it to fit, if it's designed to fit the Supra then I'd have expected it to drop straight in.

Edit: I must have taken about 4mm off each end to get it to fit between the headlights, elongated several holes.

Edited by Paul (see edit history)