The mkiv Supra Owners Club

breather system setup

skyludeboy

I kind of figured that part of the reason my front crank seal went was due to my current breather system setup, any one got any tips or diagrams to how a good breather system should look like, I have removed both pcv valves on intake and exhaust side and welded -10 fitting to both cam covers, exhaust side is vented to atmosphere, intake side is going to catch tank which is vented to atmosphere, is what I have done wrong? help appreciated.

Thanks

I also did some pretty comprehensive tests on the stock breather system, in an effort to eliminate this a a possible cause for FMS failure, and the result is that 98% of the time FMS failure is down to worn oil pump or badly fitted seal, do some searching and you will find lots relating to this subject.

Since having my engine out i have tapped the block both sides where the unused engine mount holes are and fitted -10 in there that go to my catch cans either side of the engine bay, i also have tapped the rockers and again used -10 that also go to the catch cans so have 4 breathers in total 2 from the block and 2 from the rockers.

Ive thought about venting the block breather back into the cams then cam breather to catch can so it gives the bottom and top an equal pressure but cant be bothered at the minute, would rather drive the thing instead of keep spending and fixing it.

I can take some pics if you like tomorrow.