The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what bulbs do i need for my 1995 JDM import for a HID Kit. HB3 or HB4?

supra78669

Hi guys, picked up my supra from Rich (supra duper) on here on sunday "the golden nugget"... wanting to brighten up the front and have just ordered a HID kit. Having done simple searches on google and supra forums it looked like i needed a HB3 9005 kit. However yesterday i spotted that on the headlight cover itself at the bottom, the bulb specs are etched. The high beam (flasher, blue light on dash) is align with the HB3 etching and the main drivine lamp is align with the HB4 etching. I obviously need the main driving lamps not the High Beams. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

i thought i needed HB3 aswel but on my lense hb3 is written on the lense under the high beam bulb and hb4 under the normal driving lamps. LOL never been so confused over a bulb. Im waiting for the kit to arrive if it doesnt work then ill just send back the bulbs and get the hb4's. Iky whereabouts are you based? im near odeon (pudsey) in BD3.

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure they are plastic lenses. Car is a JDM

i thought i needed HB3 aswel but on my lense hb3 is written on the lense under the high beam bulb and hb4 under the normal driving lamps. LOL never been so confused over a bulb. Im waiting for the kit to arrive if it doesnt work then ill just send back the bulbs and get the hb4's. Iky whereabouts are you based? im near odeon (pudsey) in BD3.

- - - Updated - - -

im pretty sure they are plastic lenses. Car is a JDM

BD19. in Cleckheaton.

i managed to fit the HBV3s but yes like you said, had to trimthem a bit to make them fit properly. Secured the back with a bit of hot gluea so will be easy to cut through if needed yet secured them. They look ace. Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

*HB3's