The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front CAT / Pipe blown. Suggests

Simon K

Hi all,

I have a 96 JDM TT auto. Ive decatted the second CAT with a decat pipe, but kept the front CAT. I did this over 6 years ago as as I wanted BPU but didnt want to complete ruin the reliablility.

Well, over time the front CAT pipe flexi joints are blown and I need either a replaced unit ( toyota ), or buy a second hand one ( which is becoming difficult to find ), or I go and decat the front CAT. Now, from memory, back in the early days when I brought the car, 2004, I never decatted the front CAT due to boost creep. If you did you needed to buy some restrictor ring. Is this still correct ?

SO, what do I need if I decat the front CAT now ?? What psi increase will I get ?? any issues ?? PErsonally I would rather just get a second hand front CAT. Anyone got one ?

Becoming an issue now, as car is off the road and Im using 150bhp car, and its slow :-)

SBK

Sorry to hear you have this problem, yes you will need a restrictor ring, 1/1.1/1.2 bar, traders on here sell them, if memory serves, ideally you willalso need an uprated fuel pump ((walbro) a good condition ic, cooler spark plugs, fcd & a cat back exhaust, I'm assuming you have some of these already.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear you have this problem, yes you will need a restrictor ring, 1/1.1/1.2 bar, traders on here sell them, if memory serves, ideally you willalso need an uprated fuel pump ((walbro) a good condition ic, cooler spark plugs, fcd & a cat back exhaust, I'm assuming you have some of these already.