The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still misfiring FFS

hodge

Both my pumps get a direct 12v feed from the battery and they just use the fuel pump ECU for the ignition trigger for the relay.

Forgive my ignorance here but would it matter if the switch live is 9v or 12v for the relays. I thought a relay was just open or closed or would the change in voltage change make a difference to the performance of the relays and pumps.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, I've been racking my brains about when and why this happened.

Now the car ran perfectly until it was filled with fuel then straight after that, it began to misfire. Surely this can't be down to bad fuel.

Has anyone had any experiences with this. I remember when I had my Impreza, I ran it on 95 Ron for a while and the ECU halfed the boost until it had optimax/v-power in and it went back to normal.

yes i had this problem from a shell garrage once i went in got optimax but as soon as i pulled out the garrage i had a miss ( DET ) , i drove it off boost most the time till it was down to about a 1/4 of a tank and filled up again at tesco with momentom and was back to being sweet , but because it was staright away like as i drove out the forcourt i knew it was duff petrol

I could have even mistakenly put 95ron in but I very much doubt it, but then again it's possible I suppose.

I've got 40% of a tank left, I'll run it down off boost, fill it up with fresh tesco 99 and give it a bash. Thinking about it though it all makes sense. It was fine until I put the fuel went in.

If it did, the Syvecs would pick it up, wouldn't it? Or at least report a timing retard due to knock?

Well maybe that's why the car is bogging, the Syvecs is pulling the timing. Guess I'll find out soon enough once I change the fuel.

Wish I knew what the feck I was doing with the software so I could pull the logs lol. Doesn't help that my laptop memory is full too though. I'll take it and fill it up later on in the week and report back.

download Team Viewer and Ask Ryan to look at the logs that way, thats what i do, he has control of my laptop from his home.

Yeah he has done that before bud. I gave him a buzz tonight and left a message. I'll wait until he call me back, he's usually crazy busy this time of year I'd have thought.

When you checked the fuel lines at pressure, were you also checking the flow at that pressure or did you just wind the pressure regulator up and had nothing flowing out of the rail?

To be sure you don't have a leak in the tank or a duff pump output you need to verify the required flow as well as just pressure.

When you checked the fuel lines at pressure, were you also checking the flow at that pressure or did you just wind the pressure regulator up and had nothing flowing out of the rail?

To be sure you don't have a leak in the tank or a duff pump output you need to verify the required flow as well as just pressure.

Surely if the fuel pressure was low, the Syvecs would have shut the motor down? Doesn't this outrule the whole fuel pressure issue all together?

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on this guys,

I've had the car out and brimmed the tank with Shell's finest V-power and it's made no difference.

I've got both pumps running in tandon and even at 0.4 bar I'm seeing 4 bar of fuel pressure which is way enough for that boost. Before the boost issue I only made 4.5 bar fuel pressure at 1.5 bar of boost, so fuel supply to the rail doesn't seem the issue.

So full of hell and in the huff, out came the laptop. 3hrs later I returned from the garage with the Syvecs logs. Yes I finally did it lol. Totally proud of myself and wondering what all my fuss was about.

I've had a quick look at the logs and some of them seem a bit crazy. The "IgnFinalPri1" looks all over the place, but what do I know haha.

I've emailed the logs to Ryan and hopefully he can shed some light onto the problem. I know he's busy mapping GT-Rs at the minute so hopefully he will be able to squeeze me in 5mins to have a look at them.

I'll update when I here back from him.

Is there anyone on here with experience of Syvecs logs who wouldn't mind having a look over them for me too?

Had an email back off Ryan and I've got a faulty cam shaft sensor, or it's possibly seeing some interference. Got a couple more tests to do to nail the problem down and it should be all sorted.

Boost here we come.

Schweet! That guy is a genius!

You got that right :D

These Syvecs are amazing they really are. It's already saved my engine and also saved me hours and hours of pointless fault finding. I'd have never of thought to check a cam sensor.