The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone Want a PSP?

Nic

Nope UK and USA are contry specific, Japan is region 2 The USA one has the naff screen (with more reports of dead pixels) The Jap ones (as usual) are better since the Japanese market is harshes, the UK ones will use the same screen but will be rejion bound. Version 1.00 and 1.50 are all able to play hacked games, version 1.51 &1.52 disable hacked games and homebrew. Version 2.00 also does this but adds a browser for wlan browsing. My advise is to go with a Jap one then eBaY it for the games which will be cheaper than the ones sold in the UK.

Also if you get a prog called "TooPSP" and a prog like dvd shrink etc, you can add a movie dir on the memory car (500mb min for a full film in mpg4 formatt) and watch it, rather than shelling out the same movie on UMD. 1 gig recomended.

Top post dude :thumbs:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys remember when the PS2 came out.....?

The first million were Region free on games and movies (Japanese Release) ?....but the US of A DOJ had said the movie/game industry in America will loose a significant amount of money.... So every one else in the world had to suffer?

Sony sent out recalls and software so that the coding could be changed because the DOJ won the case..... Tossers!!!!!

Do you really think they will release that in Europe - hey if they do great! :thumbs: I am just not sure about believing all that is said till the day.

Martin R - not saying you are wrong but I have herd this: -

Sony Staff = £179 - standard release

People/Shop offers = Circa £200

Starter kits = £220

But like I said I am not sure... This is what I have herd at Sony.

The good news is that they have cracked the loading of software on to the PS2 so we may be able to get some software on there for the Supra soon.... well I will be trying once I get my hands on one :)

Info we got was £179, for the unit, so much conflicting info about at present though. Once I have absolute conformation I will post it up. I work for a major US company and thats the info I have at this stage

Info we got was £179, for the unit, so much conflicting info about at present though. Once I have absolute conformation I will post it up. I work for a major US company and thats the info I have at this stage

£180 is estimated I belove simply for the console. There is the starter pack etc as said which will cost more.

£180 is estimated I belove simply for the console. There is the starter pack etc as said which will cost more.

sounds about right, starter packs will cost more. I was only stating cost of the PSP although we are likely to offer a bundle package in order to publicise the brand. ( its all if, buts and maybe's)

Info I had was that all PSP's will be region free for games, the movies may not be though.

That's correct, sorry to everyone if I didn't clarify the situation of regions with films in my earlier post, I was purely refering to the games side of it.

Right I've got some information from my friend, the PSP's available here are all Japanese versions and all running OS1.51. There are 2 option packs available:

1. Stand alone PSP, with nothing else included

2. Value Pack which includes, PSP, headphones, case, remote control thingy, strap, 32MB Card.

Based on rough costs I have so far (TBC) the stand alone would be around £150 including airmail to UK. The value pack would be around £175 including airmail.

I'm also finding out price of games and other accessories available, I'll post details as soon as I get details.

So based on info so far who is a definite? add your name to list if you want one.

1. Nic

Right I've got some information from my friend, the PSP's available here are all Japanese versions and all running OS1.51. There are 2 option packs available:

2. Value Pack which includes, PSP, headphones, case, remote control thingy, strap, 32MB Card.

Based on rough costs I have so far (TBC) the stand alone would be around £150 including airmail to UK. The value pack would be around £175 including airmail.

I'm also finding out price of games and other accessories available, I'll post details as soon as I get details.

So based on info so far who is a definite? add your name to list if you want one.

1. Nic

2. Dazsir

1. Nic

2. Dazsir

3. Kash (I want more than 1 - I'll let you know the exact amount later)

1. Nic

2. Dazsir

4. Ian R X 3

Okay I've got all costs now so I've worked out final delivered prices.

Sony PSP Value Pack = £165 including airmail

Contents:

PSP Hardware (PSP-1000K Value Pack)

PSP Memory Stick Duo 32MB

PSP Headphones With Remote Control

PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap

PSP AC Adapter (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz)

PSP Battery Pack

Travel Plug

Sony PSP Standard = £143 including airmail

Contents:

PSP Hardware (PSP-1000)

PSP AC Adapter (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz)

PSP Battery Pack

Travel Plug

I have attached photo showing the contents of each option.

1. Nic - 2 x Value Pack

2. Dazsir

4. Ian R X 3

I'll leave this open until Monday, so if you want one please add your name ASAP.

ps. the parcels will be sent to be very 'import friendly'

I've started receiving payment for the PSP's. If you want one please can you confirm which option you want and arrange transfer of money to either my pay pal account: nicvollans @ netvigator . com or bank transfer (pm for details).

Either way I will need an extra £5 (per PSP order) to cover transfer fees :thanks:

1. Nic - 2 x Value Pack

2. Dazsir - 1 x Value Pack

3. Kash - (I want more than 1 - I'll let you know the exact amount later)

4. Ian R - 3 x ?

5. Shaf - ?

6. Psymon - 1 x Value Pack PAID

7. Motley - 1 x Value Pack PAID

1. Nic - 2 x Value Pack

2. Dazsir - 1 x Value Pack

3. Kash - (I want more than 1 - I'll let you know the exact amount later)

4. Ian R - 3 x ?

5. Shaf - ?

6. Psymon - 1 x Value Pack PAID

7. Motley - 1 x Value Pack PAID

8. Ray - 1 x Value Pack.

Nic,

Any games going at all?

Cheers,

Ray

i want a value pack but cant make payment until i get paid at the end of the month. is this ok, or will i have missed the boat??

I said I would try to wind up this buy next week, so it doesn't drag on too long. I can get you one at a later date but price maybe a bit more as I'm getting good price for multiple orders.