The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk gumball/ Dragoncol ideas,opinions ect.

Graham1984

You've got me wondering now... do I know you?

Nope, I don't know you, but I do know what Bauer are like! In fact, i'm up at 6am to work for them tomorrow at Enfield Paegent of Motoring :) I'm friends with Danny, Keith, John, Neil and the rest of the lovely ladies and Gentlemen who make up PC Magazine.

Nice to see that this was not a dumb idea which is usually my forte, The stuff for Colin sounds like an awesome idea too and maybe we could incorporate all the ideas into something special where we could have a mass convoy somewhere where we can have a mkiv club party as well which for some might be a great excuse for a catch up. What about a massive club BBQ on the sands in Wales where they do the land speed runs after a decent convoy so Colin and everyone gets the whole package of a mass trip/meet and greet sort of thing?

Sure this is something I have seen on tv, what about the list of towns we are visiting and a list of items to be collected, make it vague so people can get weird and whacky items to meet the brief, stranger the better. Let someone judge it, small prize etc and small fee to enter, money to CJ's charity.

As pathetic as it sounds I get like that with my NA so god knows how some of you chaps feel..... Maybe we should just hire a bus to get steaming on instead or settle for the M25 bus trip.

Enough of the NA down talk ;)

I'd be up for this. Maybe if there were some events throughout the day, like GoKarting or something along those lines to make it a bit more exciting. If the main event is parking in a back street car park we may be limited on numbers :D

This place looks pretty good. £35/£40pp for a tournament style drive, gets you 8 practice laps, then 4 heats of 8 laps, winning on a points system after all heats. (5 heats for the £40pp)

Plus Laser Tag at £10pp for 3 games (£12 Saturday).

This is in Weston. Link HERE

Nope, I don't know you, but I do know what Bauer are like! In fact, i'm up at 6am to work for them tomorrow at Enfield Paegent of Motoring :) I'm friends with Danny, Keith, John, Neil and the rest of the lovely ladies and Gentlemen who make up PC Magazine.

Oh gotcha - they're a decent bunch on that title :)

Branners had spoken to me about this and I would be absolutely thrilled and delighted to be able to meet up with some old mates and to meet the newbies too.

I might even have the v6 turbod mr2 ready depending on the date. Failing that there is always dudes lendsy car :D

There is a plan to organise a thing called DragonCol. Its a Dragonball type event but especially for Colin or to allow us all to go and see Colin. Outline plan it to start up with the pancake run area, drive down past Chester and then down through Wales. In to Colin's home town if he's not driving with us then on to somewhere like Weston or Bristol.

No idea on mileage, date, stopping place or anything, and if anybody else wants to organise I am happy to step back.

I had not planned on making it a 'challenge' type event, or fancy dress. I just want Colin to experience the feeling or a mass supra run again.

Colin is okay with this and we just have to see how he is closer to the event as to what part he does with us.

So thats the plan.

This sounds like a great idea, Wales won't know what hit them when a horde of Supras come rolling in to town :D I wonder if we can create as much of a spectacle as we did on the continent.

Branners would you or one of the other leaders in our internet world please either delete this thread or merge it with a new Colinball thread to get the interest up further as I would imagine a mod started thread would gather more interest and hype over any drivel I could write in my random existence here.

Many thanks... Evening everyone :thumbs:

Not sure if there is a DragonCol thread yet, there is one in the events orgs section so I can discuss it with the orgs first, but dont think I have started a proper one yet, unless my senility has set in suddenly.

But when I do then I will merge this one in or close it.

But it is still a valid discussion, DragonCol is not a gumball style event. It is not true point to point stuff, it is convoy through scenery stuff like Draonball. So gumball discussions can still carry on.

Not sure if there is a DragonCol thread yet, there is one in the events orgs section so I can discuss it with the orgs first, but dont think I have started a proper one yet, unless my senility has set in suddenly.

But when I do then I will merge this one in or close it.

But it is still a valid discussion, DragonCol is not a gumball style event. It is not true point to point stuff, it is convoy through scenery stuff like Draonball. So gumball discussions can still carry on.

:thumbs:

Frankly I just fancied having a worthwhile drive in my car but if there could be an event or a more worthwhile cause for the whole thing resulting in a good drive plus things to do then frankly I think this is a fantastic idea.

Branners just while your eyes are here was I off the mark with my suprapod pm I sent you???