The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk gumball/ Dragoncol ideas,opinions ect.

Graham1984

I know we have just had the dragonball trip last weekend and just wondered was or were there anything similar planned while staying in the UK?? The main reason why I ask is I saw some older threads about UK gumball trips on here and wondered if that still happened or has it just broken down into regional meets/jaunts about once a month?

The old Gumballs, certainly a lot of fun but they take a surprising amount of time to organise. It's been on my to-do list to organise another one but as I hope to move house soon I doubt it will happen this year.

You could always have a go at organising one if you want.

Well I was thinking along the lines of heading up North to Scotland as I have never been there and due to me being right at the bottom of England, The general idea would be to have maybe 2 or 3 set destinations to get too/night out sipping session and anyone who wants to join tags along when the convoy would be nearer their locations, I would be up for the plan of heading up the Welsh side of England and returning down the opposite side but like you stated there would be a lot to sort out (I am useless) and the other main point being would it be worth the money spent vs dragonball and having a trip out of England over driving around a country I already have many times.

Might be interested, just not sure i fancy leaving my car in random hotel car parks.

As pathetic as it sounds I get like that with my NA so god knows how some of you chaps feel..... Maybe we should just hire a bus to get steaming on instead or settle for the M25 bus trip.

As pathetic as it sounds I get like that with my NA so god knows how some of you chaps feel..... Maybe we should just hire a bus to get steaming on instead or settle for the M25 bus trip.

That doesn't sound daft at all to be honest mate, the average non Supra enthusiast parking next to you in the car park won't know if it's a NA or a 1000WHP single turbo'd monster so just as likely to be careless/scratch/dent it regardless unfortunately.

That doesn't sound daft at all to be honest mate, the average non Supra enthusiast parking next to you in the car park won't know if it's a NA or a 1000WHP single turbo'd monster so just as likely to be careless/scratch/dent it regardless unfortunately.

Shall I bring the tazers then lol

I've always thought that a top gear style challenge involving getting from one place to another fastest would be good. I.e. You must collect certain items. Only use B roads, no Motorways or A roads allowed :) . Go to certain checkpoints. No specified route but satnavs are banned, so you need two of you. Stagger peoples leaving so that they don't just follow. Another way to discourage following would be to give people more than one option of checkpoint, and stagger slower paths with faster paths throughout the journey. I.e. You can go through a town at the start which will slow you down, but you will then have a faster option available to you later on.

Maybe also points could be awarded to remove time from your run at the end. I'm thinking the more stupid and funny the more points. Like team costumes, most hilarious/random item collected on the trip, etc...

I think it needs to be geared towards fun and be a test of intuitiveness, as opposed to who can drive like more of a dick/speed the most on public roads. Needless to say it would need a hell of a lot of planning, but I think it would be awesome and set us apart from other clubs if we pulled it off. :D

Perhaps some form of charity donation/involvement could be implemented.

I've always thought that a top gear style challenge involving getting from one place to another fastest would be good. I.e. You must collect certain items. Only use B roads, no Motorways or A roads allowed :) . Go to certain checkpoints. No specified route but satnavs are banned, so you need two of you. Stagger peoples leaving so that they don't just follow. Another way to discourage following would be to give people more than one option of checkpoint, and stagger slower paths with faster paths throughout the journey. I.e. You can go through a town at the start which will slow you down, but you will then have a faster option available to you later on.

Maybe also points could be awarded to remove time from your run at the end. I'm thinking the more stupid and funny the more points. Like team costumes, most hilarious/random item collected on the trip, etc...

I think it needs to be geared towards fun and be a test of intuitiveness, as opposed to who can drive like more of a dick/speed the most on public roads. Needless to say it would need a hell of a lot of planning, but I think it would be awesome and set us apart from other clubs if we pulled it off. :D

Perhaps some form of charity donation/involvement could be implemented.

Now that would take some organising dude

I think you might need to watch this space as to say, as there might be something in the pipeline by the end of the summer

I remember you were on about a meet at Weymouth/Portland bill area but just thought a UK cruise/tour might be a bit of a laugh and it gives those who missed the dragonball or don't want to drive abroad ect a chance to do something similar.

There is a plan to organise a thing called DragonCol. Its a Dragonball type event but especially for Colin or to allow us all to go and see Colin. Outline plan it to start up with the pancake run area, drive down past Chester and then down through Wales. In to Colin's home town if he's not driving with us then on to somewhere like Weston or Bristol.

No idea on mileage, date, stopping place or anything, and if anybody else wants to organise I am happy to step back.

I had not planned on making it a 'challenge' type event, or fancy dress. I just want Colin to experience the feeling or a mass supra run again.

Colin is okay with this and we just have to see how he is closer to the event as to what part he does with us.

So thats the plan.

Remember that racing on UK roads is highly illegal, and the club can't condone that sort of thing under any circumstances.

That was such a Bauer Media response.:p I'm Joking, I agree with you, hence this statement that I made;

"I think it needs to be geared towards fun and be a test of intuitiveness, as opposed to who can drive like more of a dick/speed the most on public roads"

Perhaps I should have been clearer. What I am trying to say, is that it should be more of a navigational/completing a set number of challenges quickly, with a large element of messing about, type of event. :) Rather than an actual point to point race. Obviously as in a top gear event, driving quickly will be necessary for those who will want to win, but obviously safely and within the constraints of the law. :thumbs:

Branners: I was typing the above as you we're typing your response. :) I am thinking something separate, although I would very much like to attend dragoncol myself, seems like a fantastic idea. :)