The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back for sale - blackies tt auto bpu

scorling

The car is now sold and moving to the Netherlands. A deposit has been paid and it is being picked up in a couple of weeks.

I bought Blackie's Supra a couple of weeks ago, and having considered various options I have decided to sell it on without any changes to it.

For now, and for those that need reminding, below is the original sales thread that Blackie ran. If I set up a new thread I would only copy and paste the information he has given.

Reselling the car is no reflection on the car itself. I have done 300 miles since picking it up from Ilfracombe, most of them driving back home. It drives beautifully and probably looks better than my other Supra. I have two other comments;

First, the sound system will turn you brain to jelly, and so is recommended!

Secondly, on the way home there was the occasional smoking that Blackie refers to, but since then there has been none. I don't know the significance of this, I just thought I would mention it.

I would like to get my money back; given that everyone at the time said I had got it for a steal, hopefully that will happen. In case anyone is concerned I am looking to turn the car for a profit at Blackie's expense, I have told him what I am doing, and why I am doing it and agreed to split anything I get in excess of the price I paid.

I have no real idea what price to put on the car. If it was a steal at £5,350, I suggest £5,995. Hopefully it will stay in the club.

www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?266686-My-TT-auto-bpu-Supra-400bhp-ish

In the back of my small mind I imagined taking the best of both my cars and be left with one that I will keep for the long term and the other I would then sell on and I expected Blackie's would be the one I would keep. This was because I thought I would put the deep dish wheels I bought from Jamsey on Blackies car, but I have decided that I will have the arches on my first car flared so they will fit.

In addition, having not done my research first, I didn't realise how close my first car is to being full BPU.

So nothing wrong with the car, I just didn't realise how similar the two are and having had the first one for three years and spent a lot of money on it in the last six months, I thought I would stick with the car I know best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.