The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk brake set wanted !!!

lui

Did you find out what was causing the noise as you were driving on DB?

Knackered front brake calipers probably sticking no longer want & just want to replace with uk spec now drove 90 % home from dragon ball without touching brakes just sounded like grinding metal to metal just need to replace now ASAP

Going to see if these are still available looks like great prices too see thread link below :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?241139-Genuine-TOYOTA-UK-SPEC-CALIPERS-AND-DISCS-BRAND-NEW&highlight=spec+brakes

Hi All, I have listed below individual UK SPEC brake items that can be ordered as required. Clearly it would be slightly cheaper to but the kit as one, however I think the prices are still very cheap.

Front Brake Disc £41 Each

Rear Brake Disc £45 Each

Front and Rear Brake Caliper £169 Each

Front Brake Pads £39.95 Set

Rear Brake Pads £34.99 Set

Front Pad Shim Kit £11.99 Set

Rear Pad Shim Kit £19.99

PLEASE NOTE ALL PRICES LISTED HERE ARE + VAT AND + POSTAGE IF REQUIRED

The full UK SPEC kit that contains front and rear calipers and discs is £820.83 + vat. All you would need is brake pads and shims. I didnt include this in the kit as some people may want different pads.

I'd try your local dealer and blag as much discount as possible, you can get pretty close

to the prices above from your main dealer.

Front discs £52.86 inc vat each

Calipers £196 inc vat each

I wouldn't buy an old UK set unless the calipers have had a full piston out

refurb.

I'd try your local dealer and blag as much discount as possible, you can get pretty close

to the prices above from your main dealer.

Front discs £52.86 inc vat each

Calipers £196 inc vat each

I wouldn't buy an old UK set unless the calipers have had a full piston out

refurb.

I'm working on it & been getting some great prices so far

Also going brand new cannot be bothered with second hand as you can get new what some people are trying to sell second hand for !!!

I've never understood the pricing of s/h uk calipers. If I was going for bigger brakes it would be new uk or big brake kit.

The s/h calipers can be up to 18 yrs old now but people will still pay £5-600 :shrug: + its not cheap to rebuild calipers, just done my jspecs which I think were £200+ for the pistons an seals and then £80 for fluid. still need to get new pads etc. just couldn't warrant £1000 for new all round atm.

Couple of questions ???

Should I keep with using OEM spec uk disc & pads with uk spec front & rear calipers of would it be better to use after market disc like brembo 3G grooved disc & after market pads

Or will all stock components be fine ???

Don't do no track just general use cheers Lui

Couple of questions ???

Should I keep with using OEM spec uk disc & pads with uk spec front & rear calipers of would it be better to use after market disc like brembo 3G grooved disc & after market pads

stock disks and CW Pads - awsome combination

Id go with the K-sports Paul sells if i was in your shoes Lui, the 330mm 8pot fronts are only £680+vat

completely agreed, i had a seized piston on one of my Jspecs and decided to just upgrade to 330mm 8pots really good although i think i'm going to uprate the pads once the Ksports have worn down :) i had to do a bit of cutting of the dust guard though

Couple of questions ???

DBA are bringing out a new disc, they have changed the pattern of the grooves, which means they want to get rid of current stock, they can be found at around 65% off.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?269305-Very-cheap-DBA-discs&highlight=dba+discs

I have just fitted a set with C.W. pads and very pleased with the performance.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233707-Project-Supracharger&p=3400362&viewfull=1#post3400362

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.