The mkiv Supra Owners Club

esprit v8 turbo

tkddav3

hey peeps.. as its been dry today i thought id take the supra out for a spin. was just driving about with a little bit of boost, nothing too mad more of a cruise actually.

when on my way home i see an esprit bomb up towards the rounndabout and then get stuck behind some cars. i thought what the hell and followed him.

just before a long straight is a speed camera, as soon as he went past the little lines on the road he booted it and overtook the car infront (oversteering and nearly crashing as he does :D ) i overtake not long after but not like a complete nob! we pull up to a long straight so i dropped it into 2nd and boooooot it just as he does, those things can shift. i was reeling him in no problem but he wasnt hanging about.

i was game for a play but when he started showering my bumper in stones and driving like an utter nob i decided against it (as i treat my car with car with lov and dont like thrashing its bollocks off!)

he was overtaking on blind corners, on the crest of blind hills and just generall nob'ness. but it did make me think if i ever did decide to sell the supra which is unlikely! maybe that would be a good choice? anybody ever owned one?

it was identical (but black) to this one..but i doubt it was standard

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3314038.htm

Always loved them though they still seemed to be quite high in price when compared to a nice bpu tt6 or single. With them being rare they would make a lot of heads turn and be very eye catching. However with all that said I much prefer the look of your supra :)

Might be the same one ive seen about a few times, he is always up for a tear up, its got non standard wheels iirc? I blew his doors off entering the M40 at beaconsfield last year, it was quicker than i expected though, bpu supra would stand no chance against it.

i doubt the esprit turbo would have the supra froma standing start as the have very weak gearbox and are knowen for for blowing when giveing them the beans from the lights. You have to wait intill your in 3rd before you can plant your foot down then they are very quick i think the supra would struggle. They are a great car just a shame that Lotus used the gearbox from a renault 25 turbo or somthing like that, it can hold the power in the higher gears but in 1st and 2nd they tend to start shredding cogs!!! but the upside is they are very cheap to replace