The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engagement Ideas

Dim Sum

Okay I'm planning to ask today 15/05, i know its short time to ask for opinions and advice but i just thought today would be the day we started dating so the day seems perfect.

I'm just asking for ideas, i have a rough idea but just wanted some suggestion.

She doesn't like too much attention.

Planning to buy some red roses, the ring of course.

But can't figure out how to present the whole thing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought this was a pretty good idea :D

think she might kill me for something like that lol.

Guigsy your idea is good but sounds too cool if you know what i mean. She watches lots of romantic films, myself thinking of going to one knee then ask.

Canary wharf is a decent idea :) look from experience with woman/girls the best idea's are ones that involve things only relevant 2 you 2? so maybe redo the first date kinda thing or take ideas from that! it seems to be the little thought full things that get them every time :) its not so hard....ish!

ye no worries man! could have really got into it but im new here dont want to be judged so soon :taped: prob too late!!! haha let us know how it goes! remember simple and thoughtful will do the trick! GOOD LUCK!!! :) will be holding thumbs!

very true keep it specail ,like the first date idea very good, back to basics my man 1 knee 1 ring 1 question.

Guest Budz86
You must be beating them off with moves like that :D

Yeah....in self defence when she gets pi$$ed at you for 'not making an effort!'

Some women are so ungrateful! :D

I got engaged a last week - my girlfriend lives in canada so it took some planning. She visited last weekend and wanted to take photographs of sunset/beaches (she's semi-pro photographer) so I bought a ring (that in itself was a stressful experience), I emailed her dad for approval (hey its the modern age, he loved it, and he works in IT), so for the evening I took her to a local beach (Three Cliffs in Swansea) at sunset, she setup her camera on tripod, funnily enough there was a marquee not far from the beach and there was a wedding party going on, so I was waiting for the right moment and the song 'marry me' came on. So I asked her if we could take one more pic to freak one of my mates out - she looked puzzled but agreed, so I get down on one knee and picture taken. So then I said, well, whilst I'm down here...then relayed a somewhat nervous and garbled speach about us and asked her to marry me. She was speechless and said but theres no ring (we'd kicked around the idea before and she said ring was a must have) so I reached into my jacket and said oh you mean like this. I think she may have been crying a little then. And she said yes.

The other option I had was to take her to her favourite oyster bar in toronto, having arranged beforehand to have the ring placed in an oyster, but I was worried about it getting tarnished.

Anyway, Good Luck!!!

I got engaged a last week - my girlfriend lives in canada so it took some planning. She visited last weekend and wanted to take photographs of sunset/beaches (she's semi-pro photographer) so I bought a ring (that in itself was a stressful experience), I emailed her dad for approval (hey its the modern age, he loved it, and he works in IT), so for the evening I took her to a local beach (Three Cliffs in Swansea) at sunset, she setup her camera on tripod, funnily enough there was a marquee not far from the beach and there was a wedding party going on, so I was waiting for the right moment and the song 'marry me' came on. So I asked her if we could take one more pic to freak one of my mates out - she looked puzzled but agreed, so I get down on one knee and picture taken. So then I said, well, whilst I'm down here...then relayed a somewhat nervous and garbled speach about us and asked her to marry me. She was speechless and said but theres no ring (we'd kicked around the idea before and she said ring was a must have) so I reached into my jacket and said oh you mean like this. I think she may have been crying a little then. And she said yes.

The other option I had was to take her to her favourite oyster bar in toronto, having arranged beforehand to have the ring placed in an oyster, but I was worried about it getting tarnished.

Anyway, Good Luck!!!

congratulation and the way you asked is in my opinion better than the food one :)

Cheesy has it sounds might be fate, a wedding was on the time you planned to propose. Timing couldn't get any better.

Congratulations!!

I proposed on a nice hot sandy island off the coast of Fuerteventura, hired a boat to take us there for a wander, no one else on the island popped the question on a white sandy beach :)

Got married 13th November last year.

Good luck!!!

On a serious note I wouldn't suggest popping the question in public. IMO it's a private event, and if it's in public the woman can feel under pressure to say Yes even if she doesn't mean it.

TBH this was another reason I didn't go with the oyster bar idea - the beach was totally deserted :D

Place the ring in your exhaust, ask her to check for a blockage, rev it, blow the ring out then just wink at her :D

In all seriousness, good luck for tonight :thumbs:

Are we still talking about the same ring and exhaust here? :sly:

Best of luck with the proposal OP.