The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worst Traffic Queue ever at Japfest?!!

adam82

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great day, only queued 1.5 hours was in by 9.15 and the day flew by.

I went up with another club, enjoyed walking round looking at all the cars but I couldn't find the supra stand anywhere! :(

Took my car on track, was slow but was good fun!

Was only my second time at japfest but I'll be going again, now to book some airfield days to practice! :)

Had a great day to, shame someone took us to the wrong reading services but helped with the fuel reserve sticking to 40 mph for a bit until the others caught up.

Had no probs with getting in, although love the squeeze between two traffic cones and the look on Chris Evans face, boy has he put some weight on recently.

Good to catch u with you all and thanks Lui for organising I will def be there again next year.

Me and Robzki had a ball ache of a time in the ques.. Someone was a idiot and went the wrong way and of course we all followed him haha roughly 10-15 cars had to turn around in the tightest little village, so we turned around only to find the cars that had already done a uturn, coming back the other way !! so once again I did a 16 point turn in the sup ;) Proceeded to get lost and stopped to ask rob if he knew the post code etc.. got it on the sat nav then joined the ques near gates B and C must of been in the line of traffic for roughly 1 hour. and still got in the gates by 9:30.

Overall a great day out, sun burnt to buggery though, Mega thanks to lui for organising it all :)

:D It was uncanny to find someone who had a compliant satnav in the back roads, after everyone had fecked off and left us/me stranded Great to meet you mate and hoping you caught up with marcp, Thanks for dropping off the pod etc, much appreciated.

Don't think I'll be going next year for various reasons, Must be getting old. Lui couldn't have done more, but the lack of club atmosphere which was a surprise has me thinking that there are better events to attend.

Rob

will be attending a fair few down this end i expect. id like to go JAE this year, and hoping to go Supra. wouldn't mind getting some decent tyres and giving the track day attempt another go.

Your Supra on the M5 was my favourite part of the day :) Sounded amazing, even though some of it didn't want to stay in one piece :). Good call on the track time, even though the Astra convertible had you , you had more balls than most me included :). Its difficult to give it beans when you have to drive it home afterwards.

Your Supra on the M5 was my favourite part of the day :) Sounded amazing, even though some of it didn't want to stay in one piece :). Good call on the track time, even though the Astra convertible had you , you had more balls than most me included :). Its difficult to give it beans when you have to drive it home afterwards.

Lol which bit of the M5 was this dude? Yea the number plate came off having a play with a certain TT that won't be named. Dude the check flag was waved and it was a cool down lap! The astra over took me as there is NO OVER TAKING when that flag has been waved and your told to have a slow lap I did wonder what he was doing naughty boy. No one seemed to notice the flag being waved apart from me.

I was worried about doing something stupid, maybe with some better tyres and brakes I'll have more confidence to push a bit harder next time :)