The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worst Traffic Queue ever at Japfest?!!

adam82

Thanks to lui, awesome convoy, took a while to get in but was worth the wait, the convoy down was fun and my favourite part of the day , the driving spirit as more Japanese cars sprinted onto the motorway and joined the supras made me feel 10 years old again

Anything that puts a big huge goofy grin on your face in these days of recession and previous crappy weather is wot life's all about

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers lui turned out to be a good day.bit different following you through the lanes ,i hadnt turned off the main road there before and wasnt going to be left at the lights.Thought i was going to be ploughing the mud off the centre of the lane at times.Going to drive up earlier next year to join the main convoy earlier.Did anybody see the black supra on the track ,got overtook by an astra convertable.(couldnt resist that Noz).

The pease pottage one as you have a choice of the M23 or the dual carriageway roads from Pease pottage back to Horsham A264 (I think)

The added bonus is it would somewhat save my boxers any problems as there are no corners to go around.......... Scrap that last comment actually I just realised I was talking out of my backside.

Let everybody know the route.. :D

I really want to go in convoy somewhere at some point (the one at Suprapod was just a chilling drive) with some singles racing off :cool:

Convoy was awesome. Nice to see some familiar faces and some new aswell. The show was as good as it always is. Spent 10minutes queuing to get in after heading down the back lanes ;).

The club stand was a lot better than last year access was loads better.

Thanks for organising a brilliant day Lui :)

I was more gutted about the civic tbh lol jspe brakes were fading they definitely werent designed for track. first ever attempt and i didnt stuff it so im pleased even if i did get over took by an astra but it was my.first time.so cant grumble :-)

I was more gutted about the civic tbh lol jspe brakes were fading they definitely werent designed for track. first ever attempt and i didnt stuff it so im pleased even if i did get over took by an astra but it was my.first time.so cant grumble :-)

where were you ya mong!? walked past your car a few times and you were nowhere to be seen.. so much for na-t relations :tongue:

And where was my phone call to say you had gotten in??? Eh? Eh?

We queued for about half an hour and got in. 4th Supra to hit the club stand :D

Good day out, but not as many stalls as I would have expected. And not one that sold any decent gauges :(

Drifting was good to watch, especially the blow out right in front of us. Bits of the tyre went a good 30 feet in the air :D

Shame about the RX7 though

Had a good time w/ the convoy. Wish I could have met more of you at the show, wifey was interested in the paddocks and the racing. To the few of you I did meet, I'm glad I did and look foward to seeing you in the future. Big thanks to Lui for helping me get tickets since my American paypal said NO to British paypal. Ended up on the M25 with 2 of you on the way home for a short bit.... somone pickin on a ferrari lol.

And you fella :D Did you leave early?

yeah we left about 3 i think. we'd seen pretty much everything and ran outta money so decided to head off home. when you leave dude?

Had a good time w/ the convoy. Wish I could have met more of you at the show, wifey was interested in the paddocks and the racing. To the few of you I did meet, I'm glad I did and look foward to seeing you in the future. Big thanks to Lui for helping me get tickets since my American paypal said NO to British paypal. Ended up on the M25 with 2 of you on the way home for a short bit.... somone pickin on a ferrari lol.

ahh were you the fella behind me in the left hand drive supe? :)

Lui put a lot of time and effort in to organising the event, can we all at least thank Lui for his work before slagging down the event.

Exactly right, great job Lui, the issue is and always has been the volume of traffic coming from the M4 side and having to go through small villages (Tiddlewinks) As JP stated if youre in the know you would have got straight in. I was in gate C with only 15 mins queing. The last 2 years Ive waited in line for 2 hours!! never again Thanks to dnk for that shortcut. Today was more packed than ever and they were turning people away early afternoon!!!

Quarry Corner was a bit out of the way and last years pylon slot was just as bad. 2010 Camp Corner was the best pitch I had seen for the club.

How come we didnt have any banners/club flags flying this year? we must have had near the biggest turnout yet again :)

Anyway watched drifting, got burnt, walked round the lap, got burnt, ate, drank blah blah IMO a great day out

Exactly right, great job Lui, the issue is and always has been the volume of traffic coming from the M4 side and having to go through small villages (Tiddlewinks) As JP stated if youre in the know you would have got straight in. I was in gate C with only 15 mins queing. The last 2 years Ive waited in line for 2 hours!! never again Thanks to dnk for that shortcut. Today was more packed than ever and they were turning people away early afternoon!!!

Quarry Corner was a bit out of the way and last years pylon slot was just as bad. 2010 Camp Corner was the best pitch I had seen for the club.

How come we didnt have any banners/club flags flying this year? we must have had near the biggest turnout yet again :)

Anyway watched drifting, got burnt, walked round the lap, got burnt, ate, drank blah blah IMO a great day out

I'm in the know for next year, I was gutted I had to turn around and leave, as long as there wasn't a huge space dedicated to Mazda 323's taking prime space up, I'm happy!?:blink:

Me and Robzki had a ball ache of a time in the ques.. Someone was a idiot and went the wrong way and of course we all followed him haha roughly 10-15 cars had to turn around in the tightest little village, so we turned around only to find the cars that had already done a uturn, coming back the other way !! so once again I did a 16 point turn in the sup ;) Proceeded to get lost and stopped to ask rob if he knew the post code etc.. got it on the sat nav then joined the ques near gates B and C must of been in the line of traffic for roughly 1 hour. and still got in the gates by 9:30.

Overall a great day out, sun burnt to buggery though, Mega thanks to lui for organising it all :)

where were you ya mong!? walked past your car a few times and you were nowhere to be seen.. so much for na-t relations :tongue:

Mate as soon as I saw your motor I realised we hadn't swapped numbers!! Doh!

And where was my phone call to say you had gotten in??? Eh? Eh?

We queued for about half an hour and got in. 4th Supra to hit the club stand :D

Good day out, but not as many stalls as I would have expected. And not one that sold any decent gauges :(

Drifting was good to watch, especially the blow out right in front of us. Bits of the tyre went a good 30 feet in the air :D

Shame about the RX7 though

Sorry dude. I was so cut up about the fact my doluck wing had come loose near the top I was panicing about that and spent the first hour (after 2 hour wait) trying to get it to fit properly.

Had a great day today. Nice to meet new club members and seeing at least one sup dare to take on the Combe circuit (Noz). Got a tad sunburnt but definitely worth the long drive down.

Nice to meet you as well buddy. Next year I think I'll buy tyres that are alot better it's surprising how much of the track you can't see and without decent tyres I didn't have the confidence to push it harder, the back stepped out once or twice and though my mate was well up for me going sideways I didn't want to risk it. It's like driving full pelt around roads you've never been on. You should give it ago it's not all about who is quickest it's an experience I think everyone should try at least once :)