The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worst Traffic Queue ever at Japfest?!!

adam82

Agree with JP, we had a right touch with Lui piloting skills.

This has to be the worst Japfest ever, a poor turn out and not a lot to do/stalls compared to past years. Watched a bit of drifting got a burnt face then came home.

Our club stand was miles from anywhere aswell.

All in all a poor do!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with JP, we had a right touch with Lui piloting skills.

This has to be the worst Japfest ever, a poor turn out and not a lot to do/stalls compared to past years. Watched a bit of drifting got a burnt face then came home.

Our club stand was miles from anywhere aswell.

All in all a poor do!

Gate C... What can we say about gate C.. Other than it was right at the backed of the track.. The convoy was my highlight... Then Lui's short cuts..

wondered why i didnt see your car jamie, walked round a few times to try and find it.

over all was a good day out :) as usual the convoy was the best part of my day aha. Like chucky said out clubstand area wasnt in the best positon. easily burned of that maccy d's walking from the paddocks to my car. took ages!

OH and for the short cut through the back road?! MY CAR GOT MUDDY! aha was alot quicker though

Add a zero and its yours ;)

Done. And i will add the wifey and 7 kids as initial downpayment. For everybody's notice, I have just bought Jamie's car, the best Supra on the planet.

Henceforth, it will no longer be known as Jamie's car, but as Caesar's Car :D

The best steal of the year.

Jamie, will you take a 5 year payment plan?

I was stuck for 3 hours as well. When I got to the gate I wasn't surprised at all. People working there had about one brain cell between them and they didn't separate the pre-paid ticket holders from walk in customers and other drivers. Bloody shambles, won't be going back there in a hurry!

I personally had a great day out.. Yes the club stand was far away, yes the traffic was bad, however it was great to get out and see like minded enthusiasts. Big thanks to Lui for organising this event for us folk that made it, and if I win the lottery tonight I'll buy your car Jamie :) roll on Devon car show.

I felt it was very busy this year, lots of people which made getting around quite tricky, I got in around half 8 and left around 3 and have to say I didn't have any trouble, I think it's all in the planning. The police presence was massive overkill this year and probably the cause of most of the problems. Reading random comments on facepage it seems they were even turning people with tickets away from the gates? Thats nuts, PR disaster.

It's still a good day out for the money, the drifting is always a crowd pleaser, maybe we are all getting older? for me the car of the show was an immaculately well looked after MK1 Toyota MR2, showing my age.

I must have queued for like 10 whole minutes :D Great weather and I was also advertising for the club with my dragonball hoody :p where's my commision ?

Big disappointment of the day for me is that Opie screwed up my order and didn't bother loading it, but they offered me free delivery ..... which I would have got anyway as my order was over that threshhold. Now it's going to make getting the supra serviced a major ball ache and tight time wise. Very disappointed with them.

Convoy was good fun as always, Ive got over my silly thought of selling up now.

It felt fast today, shocked me a few times, but then ive not driven in a few weeks.

That is good news Jp as I like to get my youtube fix of the black beast now and then :D

We said at the bluewater meet that we would gladly give you £10-20 to be taken for a swift blast down the road and back if you were at pease pottage just to see what it would be like to feel god like power..... My NA would feel like a 6year olds wind up car afterwards :D

That is good news Jp as I like to get my youtube fix of the black beast now and then :D

We said at the bluewater meet that we would gladly give you £10-20 to be taken for a swift blast down the road and back if you were at pease pottage just to see what it would be like to feel god like power..... My NA would feel like a 6year olds wind up car afterwards :D

Depends on the meet but i dont mind giving the odd ride if i know the roads.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10151682542050456[/url]

heres a quick vid of the convoy lol if it works that is

Dont work for me.

All in all I thought it was a good day - convoy was best part of course. We only queued for 30 mins or so which wasn't so bad - you really do need to get there early though to beat the riff raff.

I think I was probably the first to leave at 2ish. Was uber tired with a serious headache and burnt face - winner! Many thanks to Lui for organising the day though, got some great photos :-)

Depends on the meet but i dont mind giving the odd ride if i know the roads.

The pease pottage one as you have a choice of the M23 or the dual carriageway roads from Pease pottage back to Horsham A264 (I think)

The added bonus is it would somewhat save my boxers any problems as there are no corners to go around.......... Scrap that last comment actually I just realised I was talking out of my backside.