pikeys!

tkddav3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from wiki answers;

The definition loosely refers to a large portion of the underclass of a country or a person in any social class who lives "on the cheap." The term is also considered to have a racist meaning, and it is considered derogatory and offensive. It's also frequently used as an adjective but also sometimes used as a verb, synonymous with "steal."

This term is used in the fringes of Greater London and particularly in the region of West London where large numbers of gypsies have settled over the decades. It is used as a descriptions of those people and their class. It is similar to the American term "white trash."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_pikey_mean#ixzz1uUuAstee

I must admit to not being a great supporter of the travelling community. The term traveller is a nonsense.

The village where I live has recently been overwhelmed by one of the largest privately owned traveller sites in the district.

We now have piles of fast food detritus littering the hedgerows, increased local crime rates and a village school that has to open its doors to any number of traveller children whenever they choose to turn up.

The scholl was closed to local children as it was "full"

I just wish that they would travel and not be here.

They want to settle in nice areas without paying for building land or planning permission.

It makes me rather angry.

We just want these people to be treated equally. I cannot live in green belt and claim that I am a victim of racism....

We have a permanent caravan site near our village but crime here is virtually non-existent. In fact the only crime recorded has been by people other than travellers. So if we follow the logic of some of the posters on this thread, the travellers should be left alone and everyone else, including me, should be put to death.