The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Little Bit Intimmidated!

Kaan W

Yeah course I pay tax lol. I work 7 days a week and do alot of private work too.

Sorry dude, I didn't mean do you pay tax, I meant the higher tax bracket is £35000 plus or something for this tax year, saying that if you're earning £40K plus, you'll be paying 40% of your earnings in tax (£16000+ in tax). I'd enjoy the car while you can mate, but I'd definitley buy one done first! They're good fun even at BPU levels! :D Now I have a house and a child, even earning similar to what you are, I have no spare cash to spend on my cars. I had loads more spare cash when I lived at home! :(

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry dude, I didn't mean do you pay tax, I meant the higher tax bracket is £35000 plus or something for this tax year, saying that if you're earning £40K plus, you'll be paying 40% of your earnings in tax (£16000+ in tax). I'd enjoy the car while you can mate, but I'd definitley buy one done first! They're good fun even at BPU levels! :D Now I have a house and a child, even earning similar to what you are, I have no spare cash to spend on my cars. I had loads more spare cash when I lived at home! :(

Oh right, yeah well tax is one of them things you kind of forget about and learn to live where monday and tuesday is tax and the rest is yours! lol.

Thats basicaly why I want to get a car I want now so I dont struggle in the future when I got a house.

Oh right, yeah well tax is one of them things you kind of forget about and learn to live where monday and tuesday is tax and the rest is yours! lol.

Thats basicaly why I want to get a car I want now so I dont struggle in the future when I got a house.

I would do mate, enjoy it while you're young and carefree!! (Says he that is only 32... :) ) Although my love of cars was a contributary factor to problems in my marriage, I swapped my 350Z for an E39 M5 after her telling me I couldn't have one. I'm now divorced, but on the plus side, own a Supra!! :D

I would do mate, enjoy it while you're young and carefree!! (Says he that is only 32... :) ) Although my love of cars was a contributary factor to problems in my marriage, I swapped my 350Z for an E39 M5 after her telling me I couldn't have one. I'm now divorced, but on the plus side, own a Supra!! :D

Lol haha sounds like the sort of thing that would happen to me

I dont get this forum at all, I suppose id be copying if I told you about my aspergers too? Well im not ok. I watched the film when I was younger, its good, but I definately am not wishing to spend all my hard earned wages just to copy a film. I simply came for advise on parts I need that work in harmony together so im not chucking money away.

If you can help me then great but if not, leave it out will ya ive had it my whole life and its getting boring...

If you don't follow the flock you'll need a thick skin, yet amongst the sheep and goats there has been some sound advise given.

Fortunately, my girlfriend likes cars as well, she loved the M5, but has only driven the Supra once in nearly 2 years! I basically got told when I had the 350Z for sale that I had been offered a swap for a mint M5, the Ex Mrs said "You're not having an M5!!", we had a blazing row, so next day, just to teach her a lesson, I arrived home in my lovely new BMW M5! cost me a fortune in the long run with the divorce though, and she kept the house! Never mind! Just remember though, a car isn't the be all and end all. Just make sure you and your other half are happy, car comes second. (Wish I'd remembered that when i was married!) :)

Fortunately, my girlfriend likes cars as well, she loved the M5, but has only driven the Supra once in nearly 2 years! I basically got told when I had the 350Z for sale that I had been offered a swap for a mint M5, the Ex Mrs said "You're not having an M5!!", we had a blazing row, so next day, just to teach her a lesson, I arrived home in my lovely new BMW M5! cost me a fortune in the long run with the divorce though, and she kept the house! Never mind! Just remember though, a car isn't the be all and end all. Just make sure you and your other half are happy, car comes second. (Wish I'd remembered that when i was married!) :)

Believe it or not my girlfriend was really excited about me starting the build lol. I think I am going to take the advise of others and buy a nice single conversion one and just give it some fresh paint :) until I win some major money or work 3 times as fast then I shall think about drag racing it.

I dont really get it, some sound yellous about the lad. I dont think anyone think that investing alot of money in a car that has no real collectors value is a smart idea. But there is plenty that still do it.

When is the time to live if not when you are young? Aslong as you are not lending money to get the build together.

Aslo there is people that have no problem to get there hands dirty and do some or all work them self. WHY does it have to be so expensive? Björck in sweden is not a millionare nor does he have any sponsors. Hes running a 8 sec car.

Some advice about the build and what you will need is indeed sound. But telling him what to do is just plain wrong he is an adult is he not?

800£ a month is a lot to put in to a car and thats plenty of parts if i have understood he is going to do most of the build himself. And sure part cost a fair amount aslong as you do most work your self its not going to cost THAT much. Not going to be cheap but still in that budget. There is alot know how on this forum and people often help so even if you have not built an engine before iam sure this forum can help you avoid most pitfalls. And you will learn alot aswell. Only down side i see is if you plan on doing most of the work your self it will take time. And working 7d/week is not going to get you alot of h in the garage. Your girlfriend will probebly get less time aswell if she is not involved in the project.

I think you should aim lower and shoot for the stars.

Good luck!

Yeah man, just buy one. If you don't want to listen to the people taking the pee on here, don't. I wouldn't worry about it.

It seems like this thread has put you off quite a bit, as you started off about what you were going to build, then after a few hours, you put all the engine stuff you've bought up for sale.

Good luck saving up for a couple of years and buying a single turbo Supra. That'll be the best way. Then if you want more power, just swap bits as and when and get to the 9 second Supra you want :)

Thanks guys thats pretty much want I want to hear... I will do the work myself as I was pretty much brought up in the garage building my own toys. Not to mention when I was 11 I was brought a haynes manual and gasket set for a 1000cc mini and rebuilt the lot myself! lol I know these motors are different but ive got a good amount of commen sense to know how to rebuild it with different parts. Just need to know what parts.. Im quite capable and got the tools just dont have boring and flow machines and all that stuff!

I`ll see how it goes if my stuff sells or not.

Ofc you dont have the Bore machince no need to get anything flow tested either. You Will need a build bottom end, 1100+ injectors a good fuel delivery. A turbo to suit your needs and about 1000 other bits and bobs ;) start with one thing at the time.

And remember rollcage for safety.

Start with building the block, then cylinderhead, then turbo system, then fueling system. Just make sure you focus on 1 thing at the time instead of doing lots of things all over the place.

After 10 pages I have just clocked on the OP doesn't even have a Supra yet! :D

So my advice is to get one first & then in time decide what you want to do.

Also if a few negative comments upset you & stop you from following your dream then god help you when you go out in the morning & the Supra doesn't start because the tuning was done all wrong on a mega squirt ECU. We have a lot of banter in this forum but we also provide a lot of seriously good advice. The choice is down to you what you want to hear/follow, remember some of the people in this very thread have spent thousands & countless hours working on their Supra's, so at this stage I'd do a lot of listening & a hell of a lot of reading.

After 10 pages I have just clocked on the OP doesn't even have a Supra yet! :D

So my advice is to get one first & then in time decide what you want to do.

Also if a few negative comments upset you & stop you from following your dream then god help you when you go out in the morning & the Supra doesn't start because the tuning was done all wrong on a mega squirt ECU. We have a lot of banter in this forum but we also provide a lot of seriously good advice. The choice is down to you what you want to hear/follow, remember some of the people in this very thread have spent thousands & countless hours working on their Supra's, so at this stage I'd do a lot of listening & a hell of a lot of reading.

Abz is right and don't let any banter or newbie hazing worry you these lot are a useful informative lot (All things I am not)

Here is a taster of what the banter is on here [video=youtube;-Lmm2swivqE]

I like that concept. Not against Graham mind you, but in the general sense of 'applying' it.

I greatly believe the thought process and planning is what makes the 'execution'.

Is that why you asked for a step by step guide of where I will be and at what time?

At least hit and run is off the options list :D

I like to do things with a bit more thought & heart to it, bit like Hannibal Lecter :D

I like to do things with a bit more thought & heart to it, bit like Hannibal Lecter :D

Well it shows you care I suppose, Any idiot could stab me and sod off but to tie me up and dissect me while I am awake takes skill and a passion for the job in hand. Who would of thought one little video would cause so much trouble.

Well it shows you care I suppose, Any idiot could stab me and sod off but to tie me up and dissect me while I am awake takes skill and a passion for the job in hand. Who would of thought one little video would cause so much trouble.

Honestly it is no trouble at all mate :)