The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Little Bit Intimmidated!

Kaan W

To be honest I really dont mind this as a long term project even if I can turn around when im 30 and look back and think wow. I do live with my parent, My girlfriends in uni so waiting for her to finish before I move out with her. Before I joined this forum I had a huge parts list to make this dream possible within my time and money goals. Now it just seems pointless. But m going to carry on building this to show the people that have never believed in me that anythings possible if you put your mind to it. £200 a week is a shed load of cash over a lifetime but nothing a week to spend on something I enjoy as a HOBBIE:)

Ive set myself a goal and im going to finish it :p

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im 21 and only on about 13k :( took me for ever to save for the supra. good luck with the build but id go for the deposit on a house to start with, then buy a built one :) but theres no feeling like looking at your own car thinking that youve built it not bought it! contradicted myself there i knowwww

Thanks guys thats what I want to hear. Im sure the more positve comments I hear the quicker i`ll get it done. Im still saving for a house at the same time this is just something to do when im bored with the extra cash. Im sure it will be a beast whatever happens :)

Thanks guys thats what I want to hear. Im sure the more positve comments I hear the quicker i`ll get it done. Im still saving for a house at the same time this is just something to do when im bored with the extra cash. Im sure it will be a beast whatever happens :)

Have you considered you have 200 pounds spare BECAUSE you live with mom and dad, having your own house brings others responsibilities you know ?

To be honest I really dont mind this as a long term project even if I can turn around when im 30 and look back and think wow. I do live with my parent, My girlfriends in uni so waiting for her to finish before I move out with her. Before I joined this forum I had a huge parts list to make this dream possible within my time and money goals. Now it just seems pointless. But m going to carry on building this to show the people that have never believed in me that anythings possible if you put your mind to it. £200 a week is a shed load of cash over a lifetime but nothing a week to spend on something I enjoy as a HOBBIE:)

Ive set myself a goal and im going to finish it :p

No one said it is not possible! Including myself :D

It can be easily done, though as Dean & myself have said, building a 9 second car on a budget isn't exactly ideal but possible. The biggest difference will be building a 9 second car that is reliable, unless of course you just want to do one run and then call it a day.

Also it is Hobby, not Hobbie ;)

Have you considered you have 200 pounds spare BECAUSE you live with mom and dad, having your own house brings others responsibilities you know ?

Mortgage, council tax, water bill, electricity bill, gas bill, phone bill, TV license, Sky bill, repair bills.

Bills, bills, bills :D

Methinks this type of advice will fall on deaf ears. Sadly, some people only hear what they want to hear and not what is reality.

No one said it is not possible! Including myself :D

It can be easily done, though as Dean & myself have said, building a 9 second car on a budget isn't exactly ideal but possible. The biggest difference will be building a 9 second car that is reliable, unless of course you just want to do one run and then call it a day.

Also it is Hobby, not Hobbie ;)

LOL hobby, got it :)

Probably. I dont need to move out I live with my dad and hes getting old if you know what I mean. Have you got something against me sir by any chance?

Dean is only looking out for you, his pointing out the reality of juggling a house and a quick car.

He works in the financial sector so knows a thing or two about dealing with money.

Shame he has a car buying habit. :D

Probably. I dont need to move out I live with my dad and hes getting old if you know what I mean. Have you got something against me sir by any chance?

What a silly statement to make and one that shows immaturity. He is giving you advice and the benefit of experience - it is no skin off his nose what you do.

Methinks this type of advice will fall on deaf ears. Sadly, some people only hear what they want to hear and not what is reality.

I think ive given out the wrong message. I can afford it! I have a whole bunch of savings for every out going bill, payment whatever. People saying theres tax and all that. This is my money after tax, I know what I have to pay for in life ive got a good head for finance and am well organised.

This is realitly and I have a good plan set out. The thread was about me feeling a bit intimidated by the amount of people that actually have tuned supra`s.

Im not rich, but earn enough to put aside for projects like this...

Im not being rude or anything but people talking about my finances like I HAVE to spend it on other things. I know what I have to pay for in life.

Honestly I appreciate all your advice but its the positive comments towards my build that put a smile on my face.

Negative brings my life down so I just want help on the build, Thanks people :)

Hi mate, if that was directed at me then I will respond, I have nothing against your dream, in fact I admire your ambition, I do feel that you are lacking experience in building fast cars however and I thought it was my duty to inform you of the pitfalls and costs, you will need more, much more than 200 a week to cover a 9 sec car even if 200 pound a week builds one in my lifetime from a Supra base you will need to thing about maintenance, anyway once you get 9 secs you will soon want 8's etc etc lol

i live in my own house, 1220 (14 year) a month mortgage about 700ish for bills, 200 for animal bills, 1100 a year insurance, 200 for food then you have clothes house hold items house maintanace, it all adds up buddy. i would get yourself settled first. that 200 a month will soon be eaten up. On top of it all im there 90 days a year max :rolleyes:

Edit: If you plan on draining the rents then go for it!

Hi mate, if that was directed at me then I will respond, I have nothing against your dream, in fact I admire your ambition, I do feel that you are lacking experience in building fast cars however and I thought it was my duty to inform you of the pitfalls and costs, you will need more, much more than 200 a week to cover a 9 sec car even if 200 pound a week builds one in my lifetime from a Supra base you will need to thing about maintenance, anyway once you get 9 secs you will soon want 8's etc etc lol

Vin diesel did it with 20k and a NA mate :D

I understand fella :) No hard feelings. Prehaps im aiming too high. I think if I can reach 1000WHP and 10 seconds and have it look nice and be done with it will be a much easier achievment.

Ive just had a negative upbringing by my parents and been told i cant do anything but now I got a half decent job now and all I can do is try :)

Perhaps I am coming across as a negative member, I guess that is in part true, I have chucked £1000's away chasing bhp trying to be being one of the fastest, truth is you are chasing a never ending goal and a very very expensive one. I hope you reach your goal but as you asked for advise on this forum you got just that, sound advise. Do with it what you will

Perhaps I am coming across as a negative member, I guess that is in part true, I have chucked £1000's away chasing bhp trying to be being one of the fastest, truth is you are chasing a never ending goal and a very very expensive one. I hope you reach your goal but as you asked for advise on this forum you got just that, sound advise. Do with it what you will

I`ll take your advise on board. I bet if I was to ride in a 10 second car i`ll soon realise I dont need that much power lol, but what an experience. Suppose i`ll just hobby it out see what happens..