The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Original "DO-LUCK" SUPRA thread...!!

Jamesy

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jamesy

Is that harness Ok for your nipper? :)

He wouldn't prang out of it would he?

:yeahthat: looks pretty dangerous to me :(

It was a snug fit on him, and its no different to a usual set up on a baby car seat in my opinion....if im wrong though please correct me as my kids' safety is obviously paramount

I'd say a roll cage/harness set-up with no helmet is never a good idea mate. I also don't think your nipper looks very secure in there - I'd hate to think about what would happen in an accident. The seat isn't designed for someone of his size :(

Yeah I agree with Gaz tbh matey, I can see you put him on what looks like a booster seat but those straps look very loose around his shoulders, I bet he could riddle out of there if asked. I did see an insert seat with harness the other week, I'll see if I can dig it out.

I'd say a roll cage/harness set-up with no helmet is never a good idea mate. I also don't think your nipper looks very secure in there - I'd hate to think about what would happen in an accident. The seat isn't designed for someone of his size :(

He's in on booster seat in the photo

Interesting guys....as i say his safety is 1st in line of importance.

All i will say is the harnesses can go tight around his shoulders and lap, and he's in a booster seat. My theory was the harnesses act the same way as a childs car seat do in the pic i attached on the previous page....

Guys just to point out this pic was taken when i first got him in the seat - for the picture. The harnesses were tightened before driving.

My point is surely the whole booster seat/harneses option is safe?? :search:

J, I didn't realise it was your son, mate; I thought it was Matt H getting a free ride in a proper car:D

Guest Budz86
Looks fine to me, if the worst happens you can always make another;)

I didn't know Jamsey made booster seats!? Surely there's a big market out there for that sort of thing? :innocent:

• 1 month later...

The comparison between the shoulder harnesses in the car and the straps on a child's seat isn't a great one James. The important measurements are totally different.

Granted, you may be able to get the straps to tighten sufficiently but the fact remains that the distance between the straps where they pass through the back of the seat is almost as wide as his shoulders. Imagine how they sit on your own shoulders, they pass by your neck and down onto your collar bones and rib cage. He'd be taking the full force on the weakest part of his shoulders so even a mild shunt might result in a nasty injury for the little fella.

That, coupled with the extra distance between where the straps pass through the seat and where they actually meet his shoulders compare to an adult in the same seat means that he could very well slip the shoulder straps altogether and that could lead to unimaginable consequences.

No trying to rain on the parade buddy, I have pictures of my own little fella sitting in the track car, but thats as far as I'll take it.

The comparison between the shoulder harnesses in the car and the straps on a child's seat isn't a great one James. The important measurements are totally different.

Granted, you may be able to get the straps to tighten sufficiently but the fact remains that the distance between the straps where they pass through the back of the seat is almost as wide as his shoulders. Imagine how they sit on your own shoulders, they pass by your neck and down onto your collar bones and rib cage. He'd be taking the full force on the weakest part of his shoulders so even a mild shunt might result in a nasty injury for the little fella.

That, coupled with the extra distance between where the straps pass through the seat and where they actually meet his shoulders compare to an adult in the same seat means that he could very well slip the shoulder straps altogether and that could lead to unimaginable consequences.

No trying to rain on the parade buddy, I have pictures of my own little fella sitting in the track car, but thats as far as I'll take it.

yeah totally see your point mate, and even though it "might" be ok, im not prepared to take even a 1% chance on the kids' safety. Therefore it seems they will both have to wait for the rear seats to go in before their next ride :)