The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Toyota Supra RZ Non-VVTi Facelift 6 Speed Manual

supra-mike1984

A very sad day for me, as it is time for me to sell my beloved Supra :(

The car is a ‘P’ Plated 1997 Facelift Pre-VVTi Toyota Supra RZ (ALFQZ), in Silver (Colour code 199). The car has covered 80K Miles.

The car was originally imported in 2007 by Jurgen at JM Imports with 92000KM (57168Miles) on the clock. I have the BIMTA certificate to support this. The previous owner owned the car for 2 years and then sold it back to JM Imports in 2009. I have the Bills and MOT’s from his time of ownership.

I have been the new owner since 27th November 2009 when it had 67k miles on the clock. When I collected the car from Jurgen, the car had recently been fitted with New Discs, Pads and Caliper’s all round, the Front Leather Recaro seats had been re-trimmed, and the car had received a full service. The clutch had started to slip so it received a new clutch too. It basically resembled a new car!

With the car being a Facelift RZ (ALFQZ), it benefits from UK Spec brakes all around, Front Recaro Seats and an Active Spoiler along with the usual Facelift equipment / changes.

Ok time for a quick run down of the car:

Engine and Drive train

~Stock Engine, OEM Clutch and Flywheel, OEM Pulleys, etc. Stock 3-Way Traction Control (Off, On, SNOW Mode)

~K&N Panel Filter

~Whifbitz SMIC

~Whifbitz Twin Box Cat Back Exhaust System

~Chris Wilson 1st and 2nd Decat (I’ll supply a 2nd decat so car can pass MOT Emissions with sale)

~Chris Wilson 1.0 Bar Restrictor Ring

~Greddy BCC

~NGK BKR7EIX Plugs

~UK Spec Brakes all around

Interior

~Leather Recaro Front Seats

~Stock Leather / Vinyl Rear Seats

~Pioneer DEH-P6900IB CD Player with IPod adapter, with Stock Speakers all round

~Black Puresport Supra Mats, Front and Rear

Exterior

~Stock Bodied

~OEM Skirts

~OEM Spats

Wheels and Suspension

~19” RAYS Engineering Sebring ITC-X wheels (These are Rare, Expensive and now discontinued)

~Falken FK-452 235/35/19 Tyres on the Front, about 900 miles use on them

~Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 275/30/19 Tyres on the Rear, literally new, about 20 miles use on them

~Yellow Toyota Bilstein Suspension with RS*R Down Springs (Drops Front 1.6”, Rear 1.0”)

Security

~The car has a Certified Laserline Insurance Approved Category 1 Alarm fitted, and has 2 sets of keys / fobs

General

Inside and Outside the car, everything is in very good condition and works correctly. Seats are still in very good condition all round with no Rips or Tears. Everything electrical works perfectly (Electric Windows, Electric Fold-In Mirrors, Electric Aerial). The Heater and the Air-Con also work great (Heater warms quickly, Air-Con is Nice and Cold, No leaks or Smells.) The car also has a set of Black Puresport Mats fitted. They are in very good condition, but the driver’s mat does have a small bit of heel wear on the grey part. It is still in good condition though with no rips or tears.

In my time of ownership I have done the following:

• The car went to Chris Wilson for a service at 71.5k miles on 12th August 2010. I have receipts / invoices for the work undertaken but here is a list: New Gearbox Seals (All) as some were leaking, Oil filter, Auxiliary belt, Crank pulley Damper (as weren’t sure if it had been changed before so worth changing in case!), Cam belt, Cam belt tensioner pulley, Cam belt tensioner pulley arm bolt, Radiator Cap, Engine oil change, Gearbox oil change, Crankshaft front oil seal (oil pump seal modified type), Fuel Filter.

• Some BPU items were purchased from Chris shortly afterwards. The items consisted of a Chris Wilson 1st and 2nd Decat, Greddy BCC, 1.0 bar Restrictor Ring. I also purchased and fitted NGK BKR7EIX plugs.

• A K&N Panel Filter was purchased from Paul at Whifbitz. I later purchased one of his Uprated Whifbitz SMIC’s (as the Stock SMIC was past its best) and a Whifbitz Twin Box cat-back Exhaust system too (I found the HKS Superdragger I put on it initially too loud!) dated 30/11/2010.

• Serviced the car myself at 75,839 Miles dated 24/06/2011. Items purchased from Opie Oils. New 5W40 Mobil Super 3000 Oil and Oil filter fitted, Gearbox and Diff Oil checked (ok). Bill and photo of mileage to support this.

• Serviced the car myself at 79,830 Miles dated 30/03/2012. Items purchased from Opie Oils. New 5W40 Fuchs Supersyn Oil and Oil filter fitted, Gearbox and Diff Oil checked (ok). I took the time to fit some new Coil Pack clips I purchased from Whifbitz at this time too as I found some had broken (they are prone to this!) and I thought the car deserved to have small things like this addressed prior to sale. Bills and photo of mileage to support this.

• A New OEM Bonnet Badge from Toyota on 08/06/2010 as the colour of the old one was fading.

• The Wheels has a few markings when purchased had the car, so I had them refurbished and repainted at a cost of £500 in April 2010 by A1 Wheels. I managed to chip some of the paint off the rear wheels recently, so I had them repainted again last week (11th April 2012) at a cost of £250, again at A1 Wheels. I had some new 275/30/19 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres fitted at the same time.

• New Front and Rear pads approx 800 miles ago.

• In the time of ownership I have also replaced a few small hoses that had split, and have fitted a replacement Stock BOV, and a replacement IACV VSV as they were faulty.

The not so good point:

The only thing that I can think to mention is the small spot of surface rust on the driver’s side rear arch that is beginning to develop. The Passenger Side Door Mirror also has a few paint chips on it. I have priced the car with these small points in mind……

The car has an MOT until 18/02/2013, it flew through its last MOT as it has done every year with no observations. The car also has Tax until 31/08/2012.

I am asking for £10,000. The car has been a joy to own, and has been maintained regardless of cost (I have the Invoices to Prove!).

Why am I selling? I am at the point in my life where I need to move out and the car happens to be my money towards a house deposit. It pains me to sell the car, as this has been my 3rd Supra and I spent a long time looking for just the right car. It has been an absolute pleasure to own!

This car is only for sale on the forum currently as i’d prefer it to go to a good home and to stay in the club with a fellow enthusiast. If anyone on here wants to come over for a look and to validate the condition of the car for anyone, feel free to contact me by PM :)

Any more questions please ask! My contact details will be supplied on request via PM.

Mike

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150336[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150340[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150350[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150351[/ATTACH]

I miss this car!!

I was the previous owner and had no problems what-so-ever with car, was an absolute pleasure to run! Some previous pics in my garage...

Have a nice but slightly boring, although necessary Audi S-Line deisel now. Would love to buy this back but recently having twins means I'm actually looking for the total oposite... an estate :rolleyes:

I want it!!! Would two TT6s be too much!?:confused:

No of course not, I think 2 TT6's would look great on your driveway :yes:

I miss this car!!

I was the previous owner and had no problems what-so-ever with car, was an absolute pleasure to run! Some previous pics in my garage...

Have a nice but slightly boring, although necessary Audi S-Line deisel now. Would love to buy this back but recently having twins means I'm actually looking for the total oposite... an estate :rolleyes:

Thanks James I can see you looked after it very well in your time of ownership from looking through the bills and of course visually looking at the car. It has never skipped a beat for me either, only thing i've really had to do as stated above is replace a few age related items, and then add my own little touches to it of course..... :)

Looking at it, it's still hard to believe the car is 15 years old! :blink: Let's hope it stays in the club for a 3rd member to have the pleasure of ownership!!

This car looks fantastic, and the Recaros are exactly the same as the ones in my single.

Thanks :) I must say out of the 3 supra's i've owned the Recaro's are by far the most comfortable..... and they look the business too!!! :cool:

Nooooo mike :(

best of luck with the sale though bud, you know i'd have had her if she was a '98

Cheers Jack. Yeah it's a shame she has to go but needs must and all that :(

Make sure you let me know when your new one arrives so i can have a look around it. Looks like its going to be a beauty mate!

Looks great

Thanks Ricky :)

looks a nice car, but there's no way your getting 10k for it unless its done mega low miles . I've rebuilt one to a really high standard and didn't get that much for mine. I would think about lowering the price if you want to sell it mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.